It's Time to #ImpactSummer
From barbecues to gardens to vacations, an array of fun activities awaits each year as summer kicks off. And for our community, most of those plans also bring another opportunity to make a positive impact. Maybe you’re making your barbecues sustainable this year, or starting a community garden, or offsetting the carbon emissions from your travel.
We're so sure that you're full of inspiring and practical ways to make the most of your summer that we're declaring this season #ImpactSummer. And we’re hoping you’ll pass your ideas along with a video or photo on Instagram or Twitter.
So, you may ask, what counts as making an impact this summer? Well, you tell us!
A few ideas to get you started...
- Biking to work instead of driving
- Starting a neighborhood composting project
- Cleaning up a local park
- Volunteering in your community or around the world
- Buying food from local farmers
- Kicking off a new social or environmental project at work
- Switching to fair trade-certified products
- Installing a solar panel
- Attending a local impact event
- Making your voice heard at a city council meeting
- Remembering your reusable watter bottle when you're running errands and attending events
We know you’ll have many more ideas, and we want to see them all! Shoot a quick video that tells us what you're up to or that shows your idea in action -- or snap a photo instead -- and then post on Twitter or Instagram using the #impactsummer hashtag. (Tag your post with @netimpact too to be sure we don't miss it!)
We'll retweet and regram and re-celebrate your posts throughout the summer, so you can inspire other Net Impacters around the world. And in the fall, we'll put your actions together so everyone can see the big picture: people making the world a better place one small (or big!) action at a time.
Here's how to participate:
1. Snap a picture or shoot some video that shows how you're making an impact this summer
That’s it! We're excited to see what making a positive impact looks like this summer, and to share with our network.