2020 BES Summer Leaders Institute
THE 2020 BES SUMMER LEADERS INSTITUTE
BES Summer Leaders are driven individuals who show talent in the classroom and aspire to become school leaders through the BES Fellowship. During this training, Summer Leaders develop their classroom and leadership skills alongside BES coaches and school leaders.
SLI consists of an orientation in Boston, followed by a 20-day residency at a top charter school. During orientation, our trainers introduce the Summer Leaders to the work of BES and what it takes to lead a high-performing school. The on-site residencies provide participants with the opportunity to work on projects and learn directly from accomplished school leaders.
BES may extend acceptance into the Fellowship for qualified individuals at the end of the Summer Leaders Institute.
PROFILE OF A BES SUMMER LEADER
The ideal Summer Leader will be…
• Aligned with BES beliefs about excellent leaders and schools
• Seriously considering school leadership
• A demonstrated leader with a track record of outstanding and measurable results
• Available to participate in orientation and subsequent program dates
COMPONENTS OF THE SUMMER LEADERS INSTITUTE
• Orientation: Leading a High-Performing Charter School - two days
• Four-Week Leadership Residency: Practical, hands-on exposure to a BES School (placement chosen by BES) - working on a project designed by school leadership and a BES Director of Leadership Development, of importance to the host school and of learning value to the Summer Leader
• Formal work and presentation on a capstone project
• $5,000 stipend and May Orientation housing/travel provided
To learn more about the opportunity, visit https://bes.org/leadership/#summer-leaders-institute.
- Education / Teaching
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Social Entrepreneurship