Above & Beyond Network Coordinator (Intern)
RE:GEN:CY is a community and events space in Red Hook, Brooklyn aiming to promote sustainable economic growth through localism, a belief that people living in a community are better at making decisions that affect them rather than outside parties.
Our business operates as a rental space for events, photoshoots, music videos, and use of our recording studio. We also have community programs such as a free workshop for small businesses, and free monthly conversations about making our neighborhoods more sustainable and self-sufficient. We donate space to local non-profits for their community events, and we are continually asking community members to tell us what other kinds of activities and programming they want to create or see in the space.
Our research over the past year since opening has inspired us to create a network that people can join by showing how they are contributing to community and environment, and secure benefits to people who are going Above and Beyond.
Working to help define and implement the collective impact membership network Above & Beyond that is dedicated to collaboration, community, and regeneration with a physical hub at RE:GEN:CY in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
- Find unique ways of promoting the membership program to those who are making a difference to bring about a diverse group of ideas and resources that can help positively generate collective impact
- Identify and update a list of criteria needed to become a member that is reflective of giving back to community
- Work with local businesses to help in promotion of program and provide benefits to members
- Collaborate with businesses and seek out opportunities to find ways to advertise the membership program within the Brooklyn/NYC area
- Maintain and organize the member data, including companies that want to partner and what they are willing to offer, and organization of events for members
- Help in identifying local artists/musicians that will perform in quarterly shows dedicated to the membership program
Pay: $25/hour, part time, flexible schedule
Also it would include you being able to use the space for free for your aligned programming.
- Communications / Marketing
- Project/ Program Management
- Research/Data Analysis
Areas of impact
- Private Sector
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Entrepreneurship