Tides is a values-based, social change platform that leverages individual and institutional leadership and investment to positively impact local and global communities. Tides pursues multiple, related strategies to promote this mission. From green non-profit center’s to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides gives members of the non-profit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change it wants to see. For more information, please visit www.tides.org
The Accounting Specialist, under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor AP/AR, is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of accounts payable and accounts receivable services on a daily basis for Tides fiscal sponsorship and Network, TINC, and TTRF operations.
The Accounting Specialist is a non-exempt position. Non-exempt employees work a standard 40 hour work week. Time worked beyond 40 hours at manager’s discretion.
• Perform all duties related to the processing of cash receipts including verifying coding, depositing, data entry, performing credit card reconciliations, monitoring and processing exceptions and corrections to revenue fees, and handling incoming checks, wires, ACH, and securities.
• Process all Accounts Payable transactions including obtaining appropriate approvals/documentation, verifying coding, and data entry, processing outgoing wires, ACH, and checks for expedited, and weekly check runs.
• Research, analyze, and resolve accounting issues in a timely manner.
• Assist with maintaining schedules and reconciliations of various accounts and preparation of journal entries.
• Assist in the preparation of annual audit.
• Other duties, or projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of one-year in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable business development and fundraising experience desirable
• Independent, motivated self-starter who collaborates well with colleagues and across Internal teams
• Demonstrated commitment to social change and ability to engage in strategic thinking and conversation around issues of shared prosperity and social justice
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; keen eye for detail
• Exceptional project management skills and ability to set and meet deadlines
• Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of products
• Proficiency with event management systems desired
• Proficiency with SalesForce desired
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite desired
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred, or a Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent years of related work experience.
• 1+ years of experience in a similar position.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Areas of impact
- Social Sector