Adirondack Invasive Species Management Steward
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the NY team! This field-based position will advance invasive species work at 50+ high-use recreation areas (campground, trailheads, TNC preserves, etc.) throughout the Adirondack region of upstate New York. Daily activities will include, but are not limited to: early detection surveys, data collection with mobile monitoring tools, mechanical/chemical invasive plant management, public education/outreach, data analysis, and report writing.
Your Position with TNC
This is a 10 to 12-week full-time seasonal position for the summer of 2019. Exact dates are flexible depending on the availability of the successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• High school diploma or GED and 1 year’s training in science-related field or related experience in land management.
• Knowledge of invasive plant/animal biology and identification.
• Experience with invasive species management tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated experience collecting scientific data with mobile monitoring tools, GPS, etc.
• Experience, training, and/or NYS certification in herbicide application.
• Ability to follow instructions from colleagues/coworkers/team members.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47477 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST April 14, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!