Administrative Assistant - Finance and Human Resources
Administrative Assistant to Finance and Human Resources
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant will support both the Finance and Human Resources teams. This role provides administrative and logistical support and assists the HR team with internal and external communications and marketing. This role is designed for an extremely organized, self-starter who has a demonstrated track record of successfully working with a variety of people. The position will have a shared reporting structure to both Finance and Human Resources.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule team, finance committee, and monthly budget review meetings
- Post reports and documents to our server and Salesforce
- Scan contracts and other documents into our electronic filing system
- Coordinate meeting logistics and take meeting notes
- Serve as receptionist when full-time person is out of the office
- Open mail and distributing invoices for approval
- Initial review of invoices for completeness, signoff’s
- File paid bills and mail payment checks
- Create log of checks received
- Endorse checks
- Scan checks to the bank using remote capture machine
- Schedule interviews and candidate activities for open searches
- Post and update job and intern openings to external job sites
- Support communications, marketing, and social media activities related to recruitment
- Conduct research on job sites and job fairs to expand recruitment
- Process benefits invoices for manager review
- Support distribution of Human Resources information to Ceres staff
- Minimum of two years of full-time work experience providing administrative and/or logistical support
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail required.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid writing skills to develop correspondence with external parties.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation
- Research skills, a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail applications
- Familiarity with a CRM Database (such as Salesforce), a plus. General interest in sustainability issues such as climate change, water risks, deforestation, etc., a plus
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references. Please apply through the Ceres website, https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
- People/Human Resources
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility