Tides Advocacy is a team of political, legal, and financial experts that identify, connect, and fuel movements for social justice and the health of our democracy. We leverage our 25-year progressive network, navigate the rules, and solve problems in order to make advocacy. Tides Advocacy has over 85 partners who represent activists, donors, movement leaders, lawyers, researchers, and journalists who are promoting equity, justice, and dignity for all. They are engaged in ballot, electoral, and legislative campaigns as well as public education and charitable activities.
From funder advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides Advocacy gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change they want to see. For more information, please visit tidesadvocacy.org .
The Tides Advocacy (TA) Administrative Coordinator (AC) will work closely with the Chief of Staff (CoS) who carries out the strategic direction of the Board of Directors and Management Team and CEO’s priorities. The AC performs tactical administrative duties such as: 1) CEO support and Management Team support; 2) Board and internal meeting logistics; 3) agreement administration and database and records maintenance; and 4) special assignments, projects, and tasks as assigned by the CoS to meet goals and needs of the organization.
Degree of Latitude
● The AC partners with the CoS and is accountable to the organization as a whole.
● The AC collaborates across the following teams/departments, including but not limited to: management, advisors, operations, HR, and compliance.
● Provide direct CEO administrative support, scheduling, calendaring, and travel management as requested
● Coordinate timely monthly expense reports and reconciliation for CEO
● Provide CoS, Accounting Manager, and HR Manager administrative support, including scheduling support as requested
● Support the processing of General Fund contracts, reimbursement requests, and payments
● Provide extensive and comprehensive Board Meeting support such as: catering and refreshments coordination, on-call availability during Board Meetings for ad hoc support needs, providing grants data for Board reports, and docket proofreading and compiling
● Support CoS in carrying out corporate records management duties
Records Maintenance & Internal Financial Operations Support
● Maintain internal CRM system for Management Team contacts, working closely with CoS and in collaboration with the Operations Team to ensure to ensure data integrity and support CoS process to identify potential opportunities/leads to fuel TA’s growth and deepen our impact
● Maintain MOU records and work flows, including supporting the development and execution of client and vendor contracts, service agreements, grants, MOUs, leases, and similar documents in close coordination with the Advisors and other departments
● Agreement administration, including acquiring and managing Management Team and Board Officer signatures for checks, contracts, and grants
Internal Facilities/Office Support
● Regularly welcome guests to the office
● Coordinate office supplies and in-house stock of food, refreshments, and health/first aid supplies as requested by the team
● Lead space orientation for new staff and tenants
● Coordinate facility operations in collaboration with Tides Advocacy tenants/officemates, including coordinating with vendors and building management
Internal Team Meeting & Event Support
● Manage all internal meeting and event logistics, including but not limited to: catering and refreshments coordination, materials and presentation editing, and arranging for audio/visual and IT support as requested by the team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Comfortability and deep familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Suite
● Excellent interpersonal and relationship management (i.e. “soft”) skills
● Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to take initiative and be effective independently
● Excellent communication skills with internal and external staff, partners, management, board, and stakeholders
● Strong writing skills, including grammar cognition
● Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and operate with integrity
● Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
● Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
● Ability to support colleagues with pride
● Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy and timeliness
Education and Experience
At least 2 years of experience supporting members of organization management and/or leadership
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Areas of impact
- Private Sector
- Social Sector