Associate, Climate Action 100+
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
The Associate, Climate Action 100+ Initiative will collaboratively organize and coordinate investor engagements with North America-based companies in alignment with the goals of the initiative. This position will coordinate, as required, with other relevant Ceres’ initiatives and staff responsible for related campaigns and companies. The Associate, Climate Action 100+ will staff the Ceres North America Engagement Working Group, charged with driving company-by-company engagements with a subset of companies on the focus list. This is a full-time salaried position, based in the Boston or San Francisco office, and reporting to the Senior Manager of this initiative.
Climate Action 100+ is a five-year initiative led by investors to engage with the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters to improve governance on climate change, curb emissions and strengthen climate-related financial disclosures. To date, 375 investors with more than USD $35 trillion in assets under management have signed on to the initiative. The initiative is designed to drive the largest global emitters to align with the historic Paris Agreement to limit global warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius, and aiming for a 1.5 degree limit.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supporting the ongoing North American investor engagements as part of the global Climate Action 100+ Initiative, including working closely with U.S, Canadian and international investors;
- Tracking communication with investors on engagement activities and company progress and commitments; Ensuring that systems are maintained for information sharing across Ceres and to external partners through Salesforce and other reporting systems;
- Coordinating meetings of and communications with the Climate Action 100+ North America Engagement Working Group and its members. Oversee development and implementation of a series of educational webinars on topics related to engagement, drawing from Ceres programmatic expertise, as well as external subject experts;
- Compiling company-specific research and development of written materials as necessary to support investor engagement;
- Supporting sector and company-specific engagement campaigns with North American focus company list;
- Working closely with Ceres Investor Network to engage more investors to participate in CA100+ as well as support recruitment of other potential investors outside the network;
- Coordinating with the Senior Manager, Climate Action 100+ Investor Engagement to ensure ongoing alignment with global implementation guidelines, timelines and processes, preparing reports to the Steering Committee and global signatories where necessary.
- Minimum of two to three years, full-time, professional experience demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and project management abilities.
- Prior experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience related to developing and implementing systems to track activity, progress and outcomes.
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
- A high degree of attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and confidence when interacting with colleagues and supervisors.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility