Associate Director, Digital Fundraising
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Associate Director of Digital Fundraising develops and implements integrated, efficient and effective fundraising plans to recruit and retain donors via digital channels. This individual provides leadership and direction to assigned digital fundraising initiatives, working closely with marketing leaders and internal and external key stakeholders to align efforts with priorities set by senior management. Under the guidance of the Director of Digital Fundraising, she or he also manages the budget and operational delivery of digital fundraising efforts.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing staff and teams.
• Experience developing marketing plans and measuring results.
• Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
• Experience leading complex project and program/account management including financial responsibilities, and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
• Experience in digital fundraising systems and strategies, including eCRMs, digital analytics and reporting, digital advertising, email, and marketing automation.
• Master’s degree or extensive professional experience using data to drive decisions leading to a diverse, scalable model for digital fundraising.
• Experience delivering cross-channel fundraising campaigns that span online and offline touchpoints, including direct mail.
• Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, manage performance and help with conflict resolution on a multi-disciplinary team.
• Excellent communications, and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of The Nature Conservancy to diverse groups including donors, board members and the public.
• Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth.
• Experience developing, implementing, and measuring strategic marketing plans and programs.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and managing budgets.
• Excellent communications, mediation and negotiation skills.
• Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects.
• Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline.
• Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
• Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
• Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47850 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 9, 2019.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact