Associate Director of Development
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Associate Director of Development I (ADoD I) designs, implements and coordinates multi-year strategies to engage gift prospects and steward established donors. Some work with corporate and foundation donors may be required, dependent on individual engagement strategies. Special projects may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
• Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
• Experience asking for and closing gifts of $100,000 or more.
• Experience managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles and practices.
• Strong listening skills
• Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts, and planned giving.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47840 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST on August 12, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact