Associate Director of Philanthropy
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Associate Director of Philanthropy (ADOP II) works as part of the Washington team with a fundraising focus on Alaska, partnering closely with the Philanthropy and Conservancy staff across Washington, Alaska and beyond on multi-year strategies for major gift prospects to raise philanthropic resources for The Nature Conservancy.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
• Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents
• Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $50,000 or more.
• Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a large non-profit.
• Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
• Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#47898 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 2, 2019 The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact