Associate, Food and Forest
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
We are looking for a candidate with strong organizational skills, an interest in sustainable food systems and a basic understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) investing. The Associate will support investor and company engagements and gain issue expertise in Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) targets through active research and analysis. The Associate will conduct company benchmarking and evaluation, as well as investor-led engagements on corporate deforestation-related risks. Through this process, the associate will also contribute to global thought leadership through original research and writing and broader industry collaborations through primary content development and communications.
This full-time position is based in Boston, MA, and reports to the Director of Investor Engagement on the Food and Forests team. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- As directed by the Director, support investor and company engagements/dialogues to address deforestation related risks in investment portfolios and GHG reduction targets.
- Maintain Salesforce tracking systems and Ceres’ Investor Portal to ensure contacts, meetings, content/content promotions and team deliverables are up-to-date and available.
- Maintain and regularly update Food and Forests research and data sets
- Participate and take notes in relevant ongoing program planning and Ceres cross-team meetings.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for Food and Forests collaborations with internal and external investor and partner networks.
- Using Ceres’ Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS), coordinate outreach to Ceres members by Ceres staff, including sign-on letters, meeting requests, and events.
- Research, monitor, and benchmark corporate no-deforestation public commitments.
- Track, analyze, and monitor material deforestation information and food-related news flow for internal and external use.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of companies and investment portfolio impacts of food and forest climate and GHG emission impacts
- Gain an understanding of active ownership, shareholder activism, and the proxy process.
- With the Director support and coordinate planning of the Ceres conference sessions, webinars and investor presentations.
- Two to three years of work experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets and the desire to work with institutional investors to impact climate change, ESG investing, and sustainability of Food and Forest systems.
- Experience using data analytics such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Tableau, Salesforce or others is highly desirable
- Strong analytical, organization, writing, and project management skills to include excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and communication skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning and a willingness to become proficient in ESG data, frameworks and reporting
- Self-starter with an ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through the Ceres website, https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility