Business Analyst, Data & Technology
QuestBridge is a revenue generating nonprofit organization that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
As a Business Analyst, you will focus on driving requirements collection, definition, clarification and communication for business and technical activities in support of QuestBridge’s mission and programs. You will apply your competencies to communicate across departments and ensure that business requirements are accurately captured and communicated between business stakeholders and technical teams. The primary goal of the Business Analyst is to support cohesion between our strategic objectives and tactical and technical activities. This position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and works cooperatively with the Director of Data Analytics & Technology.
- Organize and facilitate requirements elicitation and business process analysis with internal business partners and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain requirements documentation for new and existing systems, including business analysis models, functional specs, use-case models and use cases.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing business processes.
- Document and maintain glossary of business and industry-standard terminology.
- Establish a cohesive and comprehensive view of the organization and create and maintain supporting documentation.
- Proactively identify and solicit input for optimizations and (other improvements) across business processes, systems, and other related activities.
- Understand functionality of existing systems, compare the current and future states of business processes, and identify and document gaps in system functionality.
- Develop (or assist in development of) functional test plans for new and existing software functionality and data analysis activities.
- Participate in testing the functionality of software systems and quality assurance of data analysis processes to assure that these activities meet the defined business requirements.
- Facilitate requirements review and user acceptance meetings.
- Cooperate with Director of Data Analytics & Technology in resource and project prioritization activities with the organization business partners and other stakeholders.
- Support a fast-paced environment with multiple, simultaneous projects amidst changing priorities.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork within and across organizational boundaries.
- Facilitate evaluation and recommendation of software tools to support strategic and operational activities of the organization.
- Interact with internal business partners to identify various opportunities that meet organizational, operational and technological needs.
- Participate in other QuestBridge team initiatives such as: annual conferences, application reading, innovation groups, etc.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Experience using data management application, such as CRM platforms
- Experience using MS Excel
- Experience using SQL and Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Scrum and Product Manager experience is a plus
- Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and nonfunctional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
- Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents
- Strong experience in developing test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear and concise style
- Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
- Passion for issues in education and access to higher education
- Project management experience is a plus
- Team player, enjoy working collaboratively with a small team of passionate colleagues
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position at the QuestBridge headquarters located in Palo Alto, CA.
- Research/Data Analysis
Areas of impact
- Social Entrepreneurship