Business Development Associate
Sela is an impact enterprise building the digital infrastructure for a sustainable society. A sustainable future requires understanding and integrating social and environmental awareness into the function of our society's products, services, and organizations.
Impact investments are forming at a rapid rate to solve systemic challenges, such as climate change, public infrastructure gaps, and income inequality. New financial instruments, including Development & Social Impact Bonds, are also being designed and deployed. This accumulation of capital needs accounting and measuring tools that factor social and environmental value while ensuring trusted collaboration among a diverse set of stakeholders.
The Business Development Associate will work closely with the leadership team to develop new relationships with clients as well as cultivate existing ones. The Business Development Associate will be in charge of expanding strategic partnerships, attending conferences, re-selling relationships, and organizing events. Brand evangelism and executing on new strategic initiatives are also core to the role. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of social impact and technology.
- Develop prospective, new, and existing customer and partner relationships
- Conduct relevant market analysis to inform key business decisions
- Attend conferences to source leads, schedule meetings, and conduct face-to-face meetings
- Explore the pain points of customers on calls, understand their needs, and propose solutions in a consultative sales style
- Serve as the critical bridge between Sela’s clients and product team
- Drive awareness of Sela in targeted business communities
- 3+ years experience in business development, partnerships, relationship management, strategy, in social impact
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced Excel modeling/data analysis
- Ability to identify influencers and get in front of them
- Strong business acumen to evaluate potential clients/partners, measure outcomes, and accelerate business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
- Project/ Program Management
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Impact Investing
- Social Entrepreneurship