Business Manager, Innovation for Good
Want to be part of a trans-formative change in how Kohler delivers "gracious living" to new markets and consumers? Would you like to be involved with an organization committed to finding business solutions for some of the most pressing problems? If so, this role is for you.
The Business Manager, Innovation for Good is ultimately responsible for the success of the Kohler Waste Lab and for growing other Innovation for Good (IfG) businesses such as Kohler Clarity. You will need to work closely with the Waste Lab team and the IfG team to develop programs and promotions that drive these businesses to success. You will need to occasionally be the face and voice of Kohler IfG businesses internally and externally. You will direct the overall activity of the Kohler Waste Lab business and other IfG businesses and bear the responsibility for business growth and building strong brand equity through these products.
• Grow Kohler Waste Lab business by launching new products and identifying new channels to drive scale and profitability.
• Leverage products to drive engagement with associates, customers, and consumers while driving brand differentiation in the marketplace.
• Supervise the Kohler Waste Lab team and lead the Kohler Clarity team.
• Own the business planning, forecasting, execution, and results for Kohler Waste Lab and Kohler Clarity, including P&L performance, and drive strategies for long-term financial sustainability.
• Plan and execute the growth in net sales and profits as committed in the business plan. Recommend short and long-range goals in support of objectives and policies and direct the development of plans and programs for attainment of goals relating to sales, marketing, manufacturing, product development, finance, human resources and customer service.
• Exercise operational control and provide strategic vision to the manufacturing and procurement activities. Undertake improvement initiatives in product, quality, productivity, efficient utilization of human resources and capital investment, and customer focus to achieve net sales and profit goals.
• Exercise operational control and provide strategic vision for sales, advertising, marketing, sales promotion, and customer relations programs.
• Give guidance and direction to the development of general plans, budgets and strategies; assess the effectiveness of performance of programs; allocate resources appropriately and evaluate results; ensure proper coordination with related businesses and Kitchen & Bath Americas (KBA) Sales organization.
• Guide the development of short-range and long-range operating forecasts; ensure that projections are realistic in relation to human, financial, and material resources; review and update short-range forecasts on a monthly basis; submit the annual budget, including the proposed capital and extraordinary expenditures programs with appropriate recommendations.
• Be the voice of these products internally and externally. Be personally compelling in conveying plans to Kohler leadership.
• Maintain continuous awareness of competitive products, programs, pricing, performance, and market share.
• Drive the establishment and enhancement of partnerships between pertinent organizations, government entities, distributors, and NGO's to ensure specific business value and objectives.
• Identify potentially disruptive technologies including key partnerships and necessary alliances. Thoroughly evaluate business opportunities and potential markets by analyzing financial feasibility studies, conducting appropriate market research, and exploring emerging technologies.
• Leverage Business Team, Sales team, Group and Corporate resources where appropriate to achieve net sales and profit goals. Network with Business Team resources and operations to achieve goals and share best practices.
• Attend seminars, professional organization meetings, trade shows, etc., to keep abreast of new marketing concepts or other developments germane to the function.
• Consider alternate funding models and grants to help offset operating expenses.
• Must exemplify "Believing in Better" and believe in "Gracious Living for All" and triple bottom line success.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering or related field required. MBA/MS preferred.
• 1 - 3 years’ experience in Sales, Marketing, Channel Management, and/or Product Development.
• Familiar with consumer marketing and distribution.
• Must possess an analytical mind, be detail orientated, and be a creative thinker.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have experience or strong interest in developing world markets and the nonprofit sector.
If you have any questions, please contact Kayla Salata at Kayla.Salata@Kohler.com.
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility