Campaign Manager, Communications and Marketing
Campaign Manager, Communications and Marketing
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Campaign Manager, Communications and Marketing position will lead and/or co-lead on strategic communications planning and outreach related to external campaigns and initiatives that are pivotal in expanding Ceres position as a climate and clean energy leader in the U.S. and beyond. This position will be responsible for coordinating with U.S. and global partner organizations to develop and execute short and long-term communications strategies for campaigns and initiatives that elevate and amplify the bold action by influential U.S. investors and companies on climate and clean energy commitments and/or policy advocacy, through an array of targeted earned and digital media tactics, and paid media and social partnerships.
This is a full-time salaried position and will report to the Department Director of Communications and Marketing.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and oversee short and long-term communications planning and outreach for a wide range of campaigns and initiatives related to climate and clean energy including Climate Action 100+, We Are Still In, Global Investor Coalition, Investors on Climate Change, Global Investor Action Agenda on Climate Change, We Mean Business, Clean Trillion and Disclose What Matters.
- Work closely with communications and marketing team to develop strategies and media toolkits, ensuring coordination internally and with external U.S. and global partners organizations, and consistency in framing and messaging and design.
- Identify key communications priorities and moments, staying coordinated and organized, and integrating planning and rollouts with the overall communications and marketing priorities calendar.
- Conduct targeted media relations and outreach to generate uptake in earned news coverage of investor and company leadership and action, and Ceres’ thought leaders.
- Identify, train, and deploy investor and company media spokespeople to conduct on-the-record interviews, provide quotes and statements, author columns/op-eds and editorials, and participate in social media outreach.
- Develop paid and unpaid strategies via columns/blogs and multi-media content to promote climate and clean energy stories, demonstrating the economic benefits (jobs, savings, etc.) of action.
- Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with external partner organizations and coalitions to coordinate and amplify impact and messaging.
- Identify and cultivate new strategic (paid and unpaid) media/social media partnerships.
- Support Ceres digital communications and marketing team with input on websites, social media, eCommunity, annual report and other content needs to amplify impact and messaging on digital platforms.
- Ensure regular communications with investor and company media spokespeople and their communications staff, as well as with reporters and producers, to cultivate and maintain those relationships.
- Provide communications and marketing support as needed for annual Ceres events (i.e. Ceres Conference, Investor Summit, etc.)
- Oversee the tracking of all campaign activity and appropriate systems for documenting activities
- Bachelor degree, required. Graduate degree, preferred.
- 5 years of work experience in journalism, communications, public relations, required.
- Experience designing and managing campaigns, required.
- Track record of developing media relations strategies and working in fast-paced media environments.
- Strong writing and fact-checking skills with experience writing for traditional and digital media audiences including pitches, press releases, statements, columns/op-eds, etc.
- Experience with producing content and messaging that resonates with various audiences including traditional and digital media, and the business community.
- Demonstrated interest in climate and clean energy and/or sustainability issues, preferred.
- Existing relationships with business, climate and energy reporters and broadcast producers, preferred.
- Experience working on environment, energy, and/or transportation, oil and gas, electric power issues.
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple partners and coalitions, and/or consultants.
- Strong pitching and organizational skills.
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects.
- Able to direct and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to work well independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
How to Apply
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION. FOR INFORMATION ON OUR OTHER CURRENT OPENINGS, PLEASE VISIT https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Communications / Marketing
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Impact Investing