CEF Associate Director (Remote)
Location is flexible to anywhere in the U.S.
CEF is an invitation-only senior executive network comprised of Fortune and Global 500 companies spanning two dozen industries with combined revenues over $3 trillion. We provide a year-round neutral, pre-competitive space for influential executives to exchange best practices, collaborate, and incubate new ideas to drive sustainable value creation and innovation. Our members are senior-level executives across multiple business functions including Chief Sustainability Officers as well as senior leaders in Strategy, Finance, Supply Chain, Information, Technology, R&D, Operations, and Marketing.
The CEF Associate Director is an integral part of CEF’s small, "all hands on deck" team with primary responsibility for leading information and research-related efforts. Reporting to CEF’s Executive Director, the Associate Director collects, organizes, analyzes, produces, and disseminates corporate sustainability-related information to enhance CEF’s ability to serve its members and advance its mission. His/her work is vital to maintaining CEF’s role as a premier, trusted filter of key news, research, trends for members; to enabling CEF to organize best-in-class meetings and programs that substantially advance practical corporate sustainability knowledge and action; and to ensuring that CEF remains a leading connector, broker, and catalyst of impactful work that builds on, not reinvents, important existing efforts.
• Serve as Editor-in-Chief and produce CEF’s flagship weekly publication, The CEF Weekly Briefing. Identify and summarize notable news stories, new research and tools to help members and fellow staff cope with the flood of sustainable business information; write and edit the Briefing; oversee publication and e-distribution (published every Monday at 6:00AM).
• Serve as Managing Editor for the "CEF Spotlight Blog." Propose and solicit new contributions; correspond with contributors; manage the publishing schedule; edit draft posts submitted.
• Oversee the production and dissemination to CEF members of the The CEF Monthly Research Digest.
• Assist the CEF Executive Director and Chair in strategic planning and preparation for virtual and in-person meetings. Advise in the building of agendas; help compile and analyze information; and develop preparatory materials as needed.
• Track and summarize notable CEF member accomplishments and goals
• Oversee the production of practical, accurate summaries of key insights and takeaways from meetings.
• Oversee timely and accurate dissemination of information to CEF members, including updates, publications, meeting invitations, member-to-member communications, meeting preparatory materials and follow-up.
• Perform ad hoc desk research on important corporate sustainability-related trends, best practices, collaborative initiatives, as well as gaps and opportunities in key areas to inform the scope and quality of CEF dialogues and collaborative efforts.
• Respond proactively to members’ ad hoc information needs and requests, drawing on accumulated knowledge, CEF’s information resources, and additional research as needed.
• Oversee the organization of archival information to build institutional knowledge and enable CEF to draw on its information resources when needed in a timely, efficient way:
-Oversee daily efforts to keep member information updated, organized, and easily accessible to staff.
-Oversee weekly efforts to keep private CEF Member Center information updated and effective for members, including: updating members’ notable accomplishments and goals; updating archives of key tools, resources, and CEF publications.
-Drive and improve strategy to improve the efficiency of the above, and to track key information/research.
• Oversee public-facing web and social media presence:
-Oversee timely updates of CEF website, including the CEF Weekly Briefing archive, CEF Spotlight Blog entries, new member sustainability reports, and other relevant information.
-Oversee Twitter presence, including: weekly Tweets to promote CEF Weekly Briefing; new CEF Spotlight Blog posts; notable new member news and announcements.
• Education/training and/or work experience in corporate sustainability.
• Relevant professional experience with progressive responsibilities in roles.
• An understanding of the corporate sustainability landscape and a passion for becoming expert.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
• Superb active listening skills and ability to take accurate, detailed notes.
• Outstanding written communication and research skills.
• Outstanding organizational and project management skills, with sharp attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a tight-knit team.
• Desire to work remotely; demonstrated capacity to be proactive and self-manage.
• Proficient with a variety of computer applications, with high aptitude for learning new software. Candidate will need to become proficient in several applications including FileMaker, WordPress, WebEx, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, and others.
• Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
• Meeting facilitation and public speaking skills desirable.
Please send a letter explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to CEF Executive Director Amy O’Meara: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please visit our website at www.corporateecoforum.com
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
- Project/ Program Management
- Research/Data Analysis
Areas of impact
- Private Sector
- Corporate Social Responsibility