Centre for Public Impact: Summer Associate
The Centre for Public Impact (CPI) is a global non-profit foundation, launched by The Boston Consulting Group, that helps governments and their partners turn ideas into impact. The CPI team in North America works to advance innovative solutions that lead to better outcomes for citizens. We do this by being:
• a place where leaders and influencers come together to share insights
• a trusted expert voice and source of insight on public impact
• a source of practical tools and advice on how to deliver outcomes for citizens
• a partner to organizations seeking to drive public impact and social innovation
We are seeking outstanding undergraduate interns to support our programmatic agenda of activities and external partnerships. A core part of this agenda is working with major philanthropic and nonprofit partners, such as Bloomberg Philanthropies and the Aspen Institute, to support a portfolio of projects across our City Innovation, Economic Mobility and Government Legitimacy pillars. The Summer Associates will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day execution of these projects while also contributing to other CPI programs and initiatives.
Activities will include:
• supporting an existing workstream on either the City Innovation, Economic Mobility, or Government Legitimacy teams
• conducting research and analysis
• helping to build out broader operations and infrastructure to support future program efforts
• finding channels and platforms to disseminate program-related learnings to a wider audience
• supporting the development of strategic partnerships that enable CPI to achieve its mission
This is an 8-week paid internship open to rising seniors or recent graduates starting on Monday, June 15th. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Relevant degrees may include, but are not limited to, economics, political science, public policy, social entrepreneurship, business, design, journalism, and engineering.
We are looking for high-potential leaders with:
• an excellent academic record and demonstrated leadership ability
• passion and understanding for public impact and social innovation
• strong research and analytical skills
• ability to communicate effectively and manage stakeholder relationships
We are a young and rapidly growing organization and offer ample opportunities for growth and personal development. To thrive at CPI you will be:
• intellectually curious and excited by innovative, human-centered approaches to big challenges
• entrepreneurially minded, with an attitude of continuous learning
• a proactive self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
• energized by tackling tough challenges in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
• a believer in the positive power of government to catalyze impact
• humble, selfless, and good-humored
This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
The application milestones are as follows:
• Optional virtual information session will be held on Friday, March 27th from 3-4pm EST. To RSVP, click the link here: https://centreforpublicimpactsummer.splashthat.com
• Submission deadline will be Thursday, April 2nd at 11:59pm EST
• Offers will be finalized by late April
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2nd at 11:59pm EST. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses (but is not limited to) what you would like to achieve at CPI, why you think you are a good fit for the role, and what experiences you have had that affect your understanding of public impact.
NOTE: We are actively monitoring the impact of COVID-19. As the situation evolves, we acknowledge that it may be possible we decide not to fill this position if circumstances prevent it. We will communicate any changes with applicants.
- Project/ Program Management
- Research/Data Analysis
Areas of impact
- Social Sector