Chattahoochee Fall Line Program Director
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
We are looking for a visionary leader of both program and staff to continue our landscape-scale success in the conservation of the longleaf pine ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have experience convening partners—including private landowners, government agencies, local communities, non-profit organizations, and academics- to achieve desired landscape conditions. They will be skilled in managing complex budgets, fundraising around conservation priorities, and communicating effectively both internally within the organization and externally.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 5-7 years’ experience in conservation practice or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in the conservation and restoration of ecosystems at a landscape scale, preferably within the longleaf pine ecosystem.
• Knowledge and experience in ecological forestry and monitoring of restoration efforts.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing complex budgets.
• Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation policy and plans.
• Demonstrated experience in building and sustaining successful partnerships.
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising.
• Politically savvy.
• Knowledge of current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and regions.
• Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47808 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST July 29. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact