Client Relationship Associate
Progressive Investment Management was founded with the vision of uniting social and environmental mission with customizable investment portfolios and attentive service to our clients. We are a small team of professionals who seek to keep the big picture in focus and strive for quality, kindness, and integrity throughout our work – and we are looking for our next team member. If you have a background in client service, experience with Salesforce, and a foundation of knowledge in personal finance, we’d love to meet you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Progressive’s Client Relationship Associate, you will be a key point of contact for our clients, alongside our Investment Advisors and Client Services Manager, ensuring our communications are always personal, timely, and accurate. A typical day will include preparing materials for client meetings, documenting post-meeting tasks in our CRM, submitting requests and checking status with our custodian (Charles Schwab), and following up with our clients by email and phone. You will also take a deep dive into optimizing our CRM (Salesforce) to streamline processes, better anticipate client needs, identify business insights, and design dashboards. You will thrive in this position if you enjoy a mix of relationship building, process improvement, and data analysis.
To help you determine if this opportunity is a good fit for you, we have compiled the following questions:
• Are you able to effectively connect with a company leader to understand priorities, offer support, and suggest ideas to optimize your workflow and partnership?
• Do you have high attention to detail and strong ability to coordinate and follow through on tasks?
• Are you confident communicating about personal finance and sensitive in supporting a range of communication styles?
• Are you meticulous in maintaining documentation and records?
• Do you enjoy mastering software and would you appreciate an opportunity to continue deepening and applying your skills across a small business?
• Optimize CRM to improve access to client information, streamline outreach and scheduling, and identify opportunities. Collaborate with advisor on client and task related dashboards, reports, and other tools to support proactive service.
• Create preparation materials for advisor meetings and follow up afterward. Document instructions in CRM, ensure all personal and team tasks are completed, and coordinate follow-up communications.
• Partnering with advisor, learn preferences of clients and anticipate needs, including money movements, gifting, and meeting schedule.
• Process requests and communicate with clients on tasks, such as money movements, address changes, or account information.
• Provide general administrative support to advisor: drafting emails, scanning documents, etc.
• Maintain client service and compliance files and records in CRM, document management system, and paper records.
• Cross train with Client Services Manager and learn the essential functions of that role; maintain documentation and training on your role for reciprocal coverage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Education equivalent to a concentration in business, finance, or economics preferred.
• Experience: At least one year of experience in investment management (or related professional services) strongly preferred. At least one year of experience focused on CRM expertise, Certified Salesforce Administrator preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Excellent service orientation and ability to effectively interact with clients, advisors, and portfolio managers.
• Strong proficiency in use of computer systems including Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word, and document management systems.
• Demonstrates personal motivations and responsibility, with a commitment to the highest ethical and privacy standards.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Strong detail orientation to ensure accuracy of financial records, investment transactions, and compliance reports.
• Ability to work full-time in our Portland area office.
WHY JOIN PROGRESSIVE
Progressive values creating an environment where our team can deliver our best work for our clients and contribute to our broader mission. We are a registered Benefit Company and view business as a path to fight climate change and improve social equity. We strive to keep that ideal central in our investment process, our interactions with clients, and our business operations. In our day to day work, we value clear communication with kindness, all employees taking an owner mindset, integrity, and being accountable to one another. We also acknowledge the importance of life outside the office and our culture reflects that shared commitment.
Founded in 1982, Progressive Investment Management is considered a pioneer in the field of social and environmental investing. We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor serving high-net worth individuals, organizations, and mission-driven companies. We are focused on investment excellence with a disciplined, long-term approach. Our offerings include separate accounts with individual equities and bonds screened and selected by our investment team, as well as mutual funds. As of October 1, 2019 we have approximately $400 million in assets under management.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Total compensation for this role starts at $70,000.
Progressive’s competitive compensation and benefits package includes:
• 100% paid employee medical insurance (Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, including vision)
• Health savings account, with generous employer contribution
• Vacation (three weeks in years 1-2), nine paid holidays, and sick leave
• 401(k) plan with 6% match
• Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Bike commute and transit reimbursement
Please submit resume and cover letter at ProgressiveInvestment.com/people. No phone calls, please.
Applicants must have U.S. work authorization and be able to pass a background check. Progressive Investment Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives to provide equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation including gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, domestic partner status, or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Impact Investing