Co-Op, Corporate Social Responsibility
The Vertex Co-op Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our Co-op program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are fearless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
Co-op Program: 6 Month Commitment (January – June 2020), Full Time, 40 Hours/Week
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) co-op will support several important Vertex and Vertex Foundation projects including employee volunteering and giving programs. The selected candidate will work closely with the CSR and Corporate Communications teams to implement new and existing programs that further Vertex’s reputation as a responsible company.
• Assist with the Vertex Foundation Matching Gift Program reporting and the coordination employee campaigns
• Create written communications (e.g., intranet stories) that effectively communicate key CSR events and messages
• Work across the company to develop and support ongoing employee volunteer initiatives
• Research and benchmark best practices in environmental, social and governance (ESG) trends
• Provide support for ad hoc projects as needed
• Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal, and event management skills
• Organized and detail-oriented. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Comfortable with data analysis and reporting (Excel, Jaspersoft)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
• Must have a high school diploma and be enrolled in a degree program leading to a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Business or a related field.
• Minimum 3.2 GPA
• Legally eligible to work onsite
• Prior internship experience, preferably in the medical/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries or in communications, CSR or sustainability
• A demonstrated commitment to and passion for community engagement and giving back
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to deliver results with limited direction and guidance and on tight deadlines; a self-starter
• Highly motivated and energetic
• Strong work ethic and tenacity
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability