Communications & Content Marketing Internship with International NGO
Give2Asia is an international nonprofit organization based in Oakland, CA. Our mission is to increase philanthropy across borders by making it easier for donors to support local charities overseas. Since 2001, we have delivered more than $240 million to causes in 23 countries.
About the Position
We are hiring 1-2 part-time, volunteer marketing interns. The primary responsibilities for this job will be writing high-value content and promoting existing content.
In this role, you will work with our global team to author articles for our target audiences, including:
• Case studies of successful nonprofits
• News and perspectives on overseas charity
• Profiles of the charities & donors we work with
You will also optimize and promote our existing content to help it reach more potential donors. This includes:
• Organizing and publishing web pages and blog posts
• Improving our website’s search engine optimization (SEO)
• Designing social media posts and Google ads
The time commitment for this internship is 10 hours/week for 3 months.
This is an opportunity to have a significant impact at a nonprofit organization that directs philanthropy dollars to hundreds of locally-led nonprofits across Asia. Your writing will influence funding for high stakes issues including education, health care access, poverty alleviation, and disaster response.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Director of Marketing and other staff. The articles you publish will often be under your own byline, helping to build your portfolio. Lastly, you will learn to implement marketing best practices that are in high demand by both nonprofits and businesses.
Other benefits include:
• Friendly and supportive team with diverse ages & backgrounds
• Comfortable WeWork office with unlimited espresso, tea, and seltzer
• Convenient location in Oakland near BART & bus
Please note that this is a volunteer (unpaid) internship.
The ideal candidate for this position is a student or recent graduate who is 1) interested in pursuing communications or marketing as a career, and 2) passionate about international development, philanthropy, and/or nonprofit management.
• Exceptional written English communication skills (700+ on verbal SAT or equivalent)
• Experience with short-form, non-academic writing
• Able to manage time and produce high-quality work with limited supervision
• Able to work 10+ hours/week from our uptown Oakland office for at least 3 months
• Journalism or blogging experience
• Experience with content creation or social media management for a business or nonprofit
• SEO experience
• Proficiency in Chinese or Hindi
• Familiarity with publishing in Wordpress and/or image editing in Photoshop
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click the following link and complete the application form.
To be considered, please attach:
• Your resume (PDF format)
• Two writing samples, one academic and one non-academic
• A link to your blog or portfolio, if available
- Communications / Marketing
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility