Net Impact is looking for a Communications Manager who is passionate about storytelling, who can bring the work of our 27-year history and 100,000+ member organization to life. Reporting to the CMO, the Communications Manager will be a part of a larger cross-functional team working in an agile environment to meet and exceed the needs of the organization.
In addition to supporting the communications needs at an organizational level, this role will primarily support Net Impact’s largest initiative, called Up to Us. Now in its eighth year, Up to Us has equipped hundreds of young people with leadership development skills by training them to run local awareness campaigns about economic topics. He or she will partner with leadership, clients, and program team leads to create messaging and develop, execute, and measure a marketing/communications strategy using both traditional and digital channels.
The ideal candidate has a passion for social and environmental impact, is an exceptional storyteller, has experience building campaigns that talk to many different types of stakeholders, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
- Develop and implement org-wide and project-based communications strategies, including content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including blogs, website, newsletters, and social media
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, internal and external, on the development and implementation of key campaigns throughout the year
- Develop and disseminate effective, authentic storytelling and testimonials across appropriate platforms and channels for each audience
- Oversee the creation of compelling organization collateral
- Manage external contractors and partners, including content writers, press and media, etc., to deliver materials on time and on budget, including the development and oversight of the editorial calendar, influencer campaigns, and more
- Manage and oversee platforms used to develop, manage, and track communication and press materials
- Manage the Net Impact brand, building upon work already in progress, including style guide, consistent look & feel, logo usage, and an authentic brand voice. Act as a steward of Net Impact’s brand messaging, maintaining consistency throughout collateral
- Proofread thoroughly with a high degree of accuracy
- In addition to a strong commitment to Net Impact’s mission, this individual should be a team player, problem solver, and “doer” with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA/BS or graduate degree (marketing, communications, or related degree a plus)
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Excellent writer and proofreader, with experience in storytelling on behalf of an member organization preferred
- Organized, multi-tasker who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment, with proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights
- Excellent communications and partnership skills
- Experience developing, executing and measuring integrated campaigns across multiple online channels (blogs, social media, email, search)
- Proficiency in social media management tools, CRM software, and email marketing tools a must, design proficiency, a plus
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted via other channels or without all materials will NOT be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Finance Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary range is $58,000-68,000 annually, depending on experience; competitive benefits package
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.