About the Position
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Curator to develop and curate programming for Net Impact's conference, a premier annual gathering of students, professionals, and experts committed to making a lasting social and environmental impact.
The acclaimed conference facilitates a dynamic exchange of ideas among thousands of emerging and established leaders from across the United States and the world in sustainability, corporate responsibility, and social innovation. It spans a wide variety of events and experiences, e.g., keynotes, panels, workshops, expos, competitions, performances, and other special projects.
This position requires a professional who can help conceptualize and oversee high-quality conference content, including main stage presentations. The Curator not only manages work plans and meets aggressive deadline, but also bridges communication between other Net Impact internal teams. This person has an ability to seek out influencers, educators, and storytellers who can help Net Impact's community of new leaders gain new ideas, insights, and skills to drive positive change
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the curation and production of conference programming (e.g., keynote stage, breakout sessions, educational programs)
- Collaborate with conference team to identify/refine the conference theme, main issues areas and learning outcomes to be addressed, and the ideal mix of formats and structures
- Work cross-functionally with internal Net Impact teams, e.g., Development, for sponsor speaking roles
- Research, invite, cultivate, and manage speakers directly and via oversight of seasonal help
- Personally manage 15+ breakout sessions, while providing collaborative guidance to team managers who manage additional sessions
- Assist in organizing other projects and/or engagements for Net Impact's community during off-peak months
- Demonstrated experience in content creation for conferences, ideally in the impact and/or sustainability space
- Excellent creative, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to go from strategy to an actionable work plan, highlighting key dates and project milestones, and then to manage workflow, collaboration, decision-making, and implementation
- Strong relationship-building skills to grow a speaker network and engage with Net Impacts internal and external stakeholders (e.g., vendors, sponsors)
- The ability to travel and work nonstandard work hours as needed, especially in the fall
About working at Net Impact
Our team engages our community in events, projects, and initiatives designed to inspire and equip emerging leaders to make an impact now and throughout their careers. We bring an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and optimistic outlook to work every day. Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
- We have a fantastic team and culture
- People at all levels must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for creative ideas people who are problem solvers and are able to dig into details and execute
- We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in mobilizing emerging leaders to make a difference, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of tens of thousands of individuals in 400 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference.
As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position ("Your name - Curator") in the subject line of your email.
1. Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
3. Salary expectations
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact. Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Impact Investing
- Social Entrepreneurship