Conference Program Associate
About the Position
The annual Net Impact Conference is Net Impact’s flagship event, which brings together thousands of students and professionals and more than 200 expert speakers to discuss cutting edge trends in sustainability, corporate responsibility, social innovation, and much more. Our innovative and highly-regarded workshops, panel discussions and keynote speakers offer attendees the knowledge, inspiration, and connections to help them along their paths to impact careers. We believe that this weekend of learning and inspiration can change the course of our attendees’ careers, and maybe even the world.
We are searching for a dedicated and passionate Conference Program Associate to join our talented team. The Conference Program Associate will play an essential role in developing high-quality session content for the annual conference and support the logistics of bringing 50+ sessions to life. Reporting the Conference Program Manager, the Associate will be responsible for session design; speaker research and outreach; process and database management; and coordination with internal and external stakeholders to develop conference sessions.
We are looking for a curious, sharp, and organized professional who is passionate about social and environmental impact to help us bring the conference program to the next level.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate include the following:
Content design and development (60%)
- Contribute to the design of the overall content strategy of the conference, including sector research and planning of program features. Contribute creative ideas to unique and memorable experiences for our attendees and speakers.
- Lead the design of 3-4 issue-based tracks, ensuring conference sessions highlight current trends and are responsive to attendee interests. Topics covered will include, but are not limited to, racial equity, climate change, sustainability, and impact investing.
- Manage the development of ~20 sessions, including refining topics, identifying and outreaching to speakers, writing descriptions, leading prep calls, and more.
- Serve as the initial connection and oftentimes first impression for speakers; effectively manage communications with external stakeholders, including interested speakers, confirmed speakers, sponsors, and partner chapter members.
- Own several components of conference logistics, including Salesforce database management and other tracking, session scheduling, production of on-site materials, session host coordination, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
A background in and ability to understand the issues we cover at the conference such as corporate social responsibility, sustainability, social finance, plus at least 1 years of relevant work experience or Net Impact chapter leadership experience.
- You thrive on a fast-moving team that is collaborative, and when needed, you are able to take full ownership of a project from start to finish, creatively problem solving along the way.
- You are intellectually curious and have a deep passion for social and environmental impact.
- You pride yourself on your high standards of excellence, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills; you love creating systems and implementing them across work-streams.
- You’re a quick learner and enjoy mastering new subject areas and skills; Google is your best friend when solving a problem or teaching yourself a new skill.
- You’re a great communicator and maintain a customer-first outlook; bonus if you’ve had past experience interacting with external stakeholders.
- You’re tech-savvy and comfortable with data, bonus if you have experience with Salesforce and Excel.
- You believe in Net Impact’s mission and want to make a difference through your career.
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in mobilizing emerging leaders to make a difference, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of tens of thousands of individuals in 400 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference.
As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change.
The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Location: Oakland, CA
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
Please send the following application materials to Katie Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Conference Program Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications; and
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.