RSF Social Finance is seeking a full time Controller. The Controller will report to the CFO and manages the operations of the Accounting Department for RSF and its related companies. This role has responsibility for ensuring that accurate and timely financial information is available to Management, the Board, and the external auditors and that information is prepared in accordance with legal requirements. The Controller is responsible for management of the accounting team where the number of direct reports will vary based on the needs of the organization.
• Ensure internal controls are adequate
• Respond to inquiries by audit committee and external auditors
• Support investments and cash management
• Develop and monitor budgets
• Supervise the accounting team operations to ensure the accurate and timely recording of and
reporting of all financial transactions of RSF and its related companies, in compliance with all applicable regulatory and legal rules and regulations for nonprofits designated as IRS 501(c)(3) organizations.
• Produce monthly information to ensure that the Board and team managers are informed about the financial performance of the organization.
• Design and record the internal control systems related to accounting across the organization. Work with the external and internal auditors and other managers as required to review and test control processes.
• Prepare the Operating budget for RSF departments and ensuring the budget is correctly recorded.
• Support the management or cash-flow across the group companies and ensuring those operations are adequately funded and all liabilities can be met as they fall due.
• Manage entry and payment of client quarterly standing instructions
• Work with individuals throughout the organization to ensure that quarterly and annual
reporting is prepared within agreed deadlines.
• Provide input to ensure accounting systems and processes are designed and implemented as
required for new RSF initiatives and providing advice as required to managers regarding
accounting implications of their activities.
• Work with Information Systems Team and CFO to ensure the ongoing development of the
accounting systems and their reporting capability.
• Support quarter end statement production process as required.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the CFO that are within the scope of currently assigned
duties and the incumbent's related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum of ten years of accounting experience in a financial institution, with at least five years
of supervisory experience.
• History of progressive responsibility in financial management and analysis in a multiple entity
• Experience in accounting and reporting methods appropriate to nonprofit organizations.
• Cash/banking relationship management experience.
• Thorough understanding of GAAP, be an effective problem-solver, and be able to communicate
complex accounting issues in lay terms.
• Strengths in detailed work requiring attention and diligence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Methodical, systematic and efficient approach to tasks
• Loan accounting experience
• Advanced Excel skills
• NetSuite and/or Sage Intacct systems knowledge a plus
• Basic understanding of Salesforce preferred
• Experience with Accounting systems upgrades/changes
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $140-180k range depending on experience. Other benefits include:
• A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
• A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
• Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus eleven paid holidays per year
• 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
• Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
• Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Controller”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.