Corporate Sustainability Principal: Environmental Justice
Requisition ID # 13860
Job Category : Corporate Affairs / Communication
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Strategy and Policy
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Corporate Sustainability team, which is part of the Strategy and Policy organization, works to integrate and align PG&E’s sustainability strategy with its business strategy. With the support of PG&E’s Chief Sustainability Officer, the team works collaboratively to advance energy and environmental policy issues important to our business and customers; tell our story by measuring and communicating PG&E’s corporate sustainability performance; identify, benchmark, and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement within our business; and engage with a wide range of stakeholders, both within and outside the company, to guide and advance PG&E’s sustainability strategy.
The successful candidate will drive visible engagement and policy initiatives on environmental justice, in support of PG&E’s Environmental Justice Policy. This includes working proactively to lead company efforts on environmental justice from an operational and policy perspective, working in coordination with a broader companywide effort to better address the needs of disadvantaged and tribal communities. It includes developing policy positions and pursuing strategic partnerships through relationships with external stakeholders at the national, state, and local level. It also includes implementing best practices within our business to minimize environmental impacts to low-income and tribal communities and communities of color in PG&E’s operations.
The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder relationships, demonstrated leadership and management skills, industry knowledge, and experience with environmental, energy, economic vitality, and other corporate sustainability issues and best practices. The individual will possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences and constituencies. The individual will have strong research, analytical, organizational, creative, and strategic thinking skills. The successful candidate will also be able to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously and from conception to implementation. This position requires approximately 20 percent travel.
- Proactively develop and lead an environmental justice strategy to inform legislative and regulatory policies related to energy, climate change, and other environmental issues, working in coordination with a broader companywide effort to better address the needs of disadvantaged and tribal communities.
- Actively engage with key external environmental stakeholders at the national, state, and local level on environmental justice policy issues.
- Provide environmental and environmental justice consultation to support the company’s regulatory engagement on programs related to disadvantaged and tribal communities, including program design and implementation.
- Provide expert and strategic consultation to assess environmental impacts to low-income communities, tribal communities, and communities of color in PG&E’s operations and to support the development of sustainable communities.
- Drive strategic initiatives on other key emerging sustainability issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, to include at least five years in energy, environmental or environmental justice initiatives
- Master’s degree
- More than the minimum years of relevant work experience
- Prior utility industry experience
Visit this link to apply.