Development and Administrative Associate
Net Impact is currently seeking an early career professional who is passionate about social and environmental issues to join our growing team. The Development and Administrative Associate will have the unique opportunity to work directly with two senior team leaders - the CEO and Chief Engagement Officer - and will also have the opportunity to learn about fundraising and engagement in the nonprofit sector through development team support.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who would like to join a high-performing team. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, with exceptional organizational and communication skills. The role is fast-paced and will prove challenging and demanding during high volume times, so the individuals must also be efficient, agile, and resourceful.
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years of related experience (could be concurrent with school)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident and articulate when speaking by phone or in person
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and approach problems creatively
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint) & Google Suite; knowledge of Salesforce is a nice to have
- Chapter leader or familiarity with Net Impact preferred
Development (approx. 50%)
- Source funding prospects for Net Impact based on a variety of research techniques
- Conduct research on specific companies and foundations to understand their corporate social responsibility priorities and identify potential alignment with Net Impact’s mission to advance programming
- Draft compelling outreach materials and collateral for the Development Team and/or provide review and copy edit of documents
- Prepare materials for meetings with prospective funders, which may include background notes, PowerPoint documents, etc.
- Coordinate and track daily team activities, including note-taking, task-tracking, stakeholder coordination, and follow-up
- Help manage team processes, such as requesting invoices, tracking information in Net Impact’s Salesforce database, etc.
Administration (approx. 50%)
- Support the CEO and Chief Engagement Officer with meeting coordination (calendaring), travel arrangements and other administrative requirements
- Board member communication and maintaining of contact list
- Coordination with systems and operations team to ensure appropriate knowledge capture
- Assist executives in troubleshooting everyday technology, systems support, and ensuring internal compliance and execution of policies and procedures
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Development and Administrative Associate”). .
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary starts at $48,000 annually. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.