Development Associate/Executive Assistant
Founded in 1996 by Hall of Fame rhythmic gymnast, Wendy Hilliard, the Wendy Hilliard Gymnastics Foundation (WHGF) was formed to provide free and low-cost gymnastics for youth in communities that typically lack access to such training and facilities. The WHGF provides community level gymnastics and has also trained top elite athletes and international gymnastics performers. To date WHGF has served over 17,000 youth. The mission of the Wendy Hilliard Gymnastics Foundation is to provide opportunities to improve physical and emotional health through gymnastics for children of all ages in underserved communities. In Fall, 2016 the WHGF expanded to Detroit, Michigan.
The Wendy Hilliard Gymnastics Foundation is looking for a dynamic individual to play a critical role in helping to reach goals and objectives for future growth. The Development Associate/Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO and will be required to work closely with the Development Director.
A key aspect of the position involves the ability to proactively manage the schedule and other administrative needs of a busy CEO, and support the development goals of the organization. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support-related tasks and events planning and will be able to work independently with little supervision.
This position requires a flexible schedule that will include evenings and weekends hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide overall support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Development Director
• Manage the CEO’s calendar of meetings, projects, contacts, travel and priorities
• Maintain correspondence, including email, faxes, and snail mail.
• Maintain the Salesforce database by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the records, reports and queries.
• Track and acknowledge all charitable donations in a timely manner
• Conduct mailings, and ensure records are updated and available as mailing lists on an ongoing and as-needed basis
• Manage a calendar of events.
• Participate in foundation, corporate and individual giving program by conducting research on prospective donors and assisting in assembling fundraising support packages
• Update and maintain accurate income tracking
• Coordinate logistics, provide advance materials, and execute follow up for meetings
• Track and submit monthly expenses
• Handle phone, email and postal mail inquiries and respond appropriately
• Manage domestic and international travel, for the CEO
• Assist with donor correspondence and relations, including gift acknowledgement letters, and informational packets
• Mission-driven team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and support colleagues
• Excellent oral, written and communications skills for a professional work environment
• Well organized, flexible and enjoy working in an office of diverse people with multiple and diverse projects
• Working knowledge of Salesforce or other fundraising or customer relationship management software; Microsoft Office Suite; and Google Drive
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
• Prior experience supporting or working closely with busy executives
• Meticulous about details and follow up
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Possess a B.A and 2 or more years of experience working in fundraising, public relations, marketing, sales or nonprofit development
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Development Associate/ Executive Assistant in the subject line.
- Communications / Marketing
Areas of impact