Development Communications Officer
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Donor Communications Officer is part of the Donor Communications Team for the California Chapter. This role is responsible for writing and editing communications for our major donor audience, with a special focus on individual donors. The Donor Communications Officer works with fundraisers to understand donor needs, and interviews conservation staff and scientists to find compelling stories about our work in order to produce development and stewardship materials.
• Experience implementing and measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Experience with fundraising writing and/or journalism.
• Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices.
• Familiarity with design software, like InDesign.
• Experience leading or managing projects.
• Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate internal and external constituents.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID #47643 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST on June 6, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!