Digital & Audience Engagement Editor
As part of 6AC’s Communications Department, the Senior Program Associate for digital & audience engagement works to build a constructive national conversation about the right to counsel, to transform quantitative data and analysis into a compelling story of the right to counsel in America as told through a variety of digital media, and to inform the narrative regarding reform efforts at the state and local levels. Building from 6AC’s deep understanding of public defense systems across the country and our successful model of systems change, and working closely with 6AC directors, the Senior Program Associate leads 6AC’s digital and audience engagement initiatives to deepen the organization’s relationships with existing audiences and to reach new audiences through a lively, robust presence on social and mobile platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and emerging platforms.
The Senior Program Associate will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the 6AC’s profile online, ensuring that its journalism, reports, and other initiatives achieve greater national and local impact. The Senior Program Associate manages and maintains the 6AC website, and develops and implements digital content & strategies to promote the organization and core mission across all platforms.
- Manage and maintain the websites and CMS for 6AC including posting and updating content, troubleshooting, and working with third-party designers, developers and vendors;
- Monitor, analyze and report on analytics for 6AC website, digital communications and social media platforms and use these metrics/analytics to develop and implement effective social and audience engagement strategies for the 6AC;
- Ensure the 6AC maintains a regular, lively and relevant presence on all appropriate social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and emerging platforms;
- Design, direct, shoot, and edit original 6AC media & communications productions including short-form videos, infographics, sidebars, and other new media content;
- Format and manage 6AC blog posts/newsletters and various email campaigns; and,
- Write and proofread headlines/decks, captions, teasers and other copy.
The Senior Program Associate participates as a member of 6AC’s statewide standards-based assessment teams across the country, in support of 6AC’s core evaluations and technical assistance efforts. The Senior Program Associate should also anticipate periodic travel in order to generate content for 6AC’s digital production initiatives.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 4 years audience/social media and journalism experience required.
- Broad knowledge, skills, and experience in social media, graphics/design, website development, and photo/video production.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Word, Excel, HTML, and CSS.
- Proficiency in social analytics/metrics (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle) and SEO.
- Proficiency in digital video & photography shooting and editing.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills.
- Experience collaborating with diverse populations in a cross-cultural setting.
- Innovative thinking and a strong work ethic.
- Desire and ability to self-motivate.
Remote. We are based in Boston, but this is a work-from-home position. Not based in Boston? We don't mind! Based in Chicago, Houston, Nashville, Miami? Cool!
The Sixth Amendment Center is not your typical non-profit organization. Helping to ensure equal access to justice for people of limited means requires us to operate differently. Our staff is decentralized, working remotely from locations throughout the country, with the tools and processes that maximize our efficiency in delivering services out to the field.
Required. Average 30% travel throughout the year.
Driver’s license (required).
This position is exempt.
- Communications / Marketing
Areas of impact