Director, Business Development
Net Impact is currently seeking a Director of Business Development. This is an exciting opportunity for a mission-driven, ambitious, and energetic professional to make a major impact on Net Impact’s short and long-term revenue strategy.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for cultivating new corporate and foundation partners for a variety of Net Impact programs and initiatives, and also serves as a core part of our senior leadership team. The Director of Business Development partners closely with executive leadership as well as Director of Funder and Partner Relations and a supporting Development Associate.
Major responsibilities include:
- Own an annual revenue goal of approximately $1M in new business revenue while collaborating with the rest of the Development team to meet our ~$4M annual goal
- Play a leadership role in the evolution of our revenue strategy over the medium and longer term • Oversee strategy, communications, processes, and execution for business development efforts. This includes creating pitch materials, sourcing leads, cultivating relationships, closing, and contract / SOW development
- Collaborate closely with programs, conference, marketing colleagues to develop pitches and deliver partner benefits at the annual conference and beyond
- Lead proposal development and creation of pitch decks and concept strategy documents for prospective partners
- With the marketing team, launch new corporate thought leadership platform. Determine relevant insights and positioning, oversee execution of key collateral (e.g. thought leadership briefs; webinars)
- Represent Net Impact externally at key sustainability events and conferences
- Serve as part of Net Impact’s Senior Leadership Team and help to lead the organization’s strategy, execution and culture
- Develop and maintain outreach and knowledge management systems primarily via Salesforce.com
- Other duties as necessary Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least 8 years work experience in nonprofit development or for-profit sales with demonstrated success
- Demonstrated mission orientation and commitment
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written; organized; high attention to detail • Ability to work in a fast-paced organization with high standards
- Infections enthusiasm for Net Impact’s mission • Experience fundraising from foundations and/or corporate sustainability teams a plus
- Capable of producing excellent written documents and pitch decks with a very fast turnaround
Job is for You If:
- You thrive on meeting new people and sharing your organization’s story
- You love building mutually beneficial relationships with mission-driven partners • You enjoy creative problem solving and product development
- You are a “hunter” more than a “farmer”
- You enjoy creating effective and persuasive documents and other communication efforts
- You care deeply about the power of next-generation leaders to create change on a range of issues, such as climate change, equity, food systems, education, and more
- You work both independently – requiring minimal direction and supervision – and collaboratively as part of a supportive team
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing and at times ambiguous work environment
- You are low or no-drama and appreciate direct, open, and compassionate colleagues
Hours: Full-time Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of tens of thousands of individuals in 350+ chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference.
As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Director, Business Development”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact. Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Entrepreneurship