Director of Information Technology
Are you a seasoned IT professional looking for more than your next job? Are you experienced in implementing and communicating a focused and innovative IT strategy in alignment with business needs? Do you want to be part of a movement to end hunger and work every day to make a difference in our community? If so, Alameda County Community Food Bank could be looking for you as our Director of Information Technology!
AReporting to the Chief Financial Officer, a successful candidate will be responsible for leading a growing, high-quality, Information Technology department and managing the technology for the entire organization that includes application development and maintenance, systems integration, network infrastructure, workstations, helpdesk, intranet and telecommunications. This role would be an exceptional fit for someone who enjoys collaboration and sharing best practices acquired from years of experience in other organizations.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking. Our bold new vision aims to provide 120 million meals annually through food distribution, government assistance enrollment and forceful legislative advocacy – while also looking beyond meals to examine and improve the impact of our efforts in our community. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 12 consecutive years, ranking us among the top one percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• 3+ years relevant work experience leading an organization-wide IT department.
• 5+ years managing 3 or more direct reports in an IT environment. Experience in team building, motivating and leadership.
• 5+ years successful experience in IT project management and managing new initiatives.
• 3+ years successful experience in negotiating and managing contracts with vendors and contractors.
• Ability to think strategically and develop and implement strategic business, technology and budget plans.
• Demonstrated continuous learning of current developments, best practices, policies, systems and equipment for the administration of an organization’s technology function.
• Experience in analyzing complex operational and information flow problems, reaching sound conclusions, researching and recommending multiple solutions, and communicating risks.
• Effective communication with teams and other stakeholders using writing and presentation skills to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, plan, organize and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Experience collaborating effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
• Demonstration of business acumen and good judgment
• Experience working in a Microsoft environment. Experience working with a variety of systems such as constituent relationship management (CRM), fundraising, enterprise accounting and inventory, warehousing, retail, and fleet routing.
• Experience in a nonprofit environment with a variety of stakeholders and with values deeply rooted in community a plus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
• Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances.
This work is located in an open office environment and warehouse setting. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job include: Sitting for prolonged periods, mobility to move throughout the Food Bank in performance of duties, walking, bending, stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds, and squatting. Ability to use a computer to accomplish the duties of the position, including writing and seeing. Ability to occasionally travel to local events and meetings. Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice in person and over the phone. Ability to interpret instructions/questions when asked. Excellent social skills to facilitate assignments.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, exempt position. The starting salary is $120,551 annualized. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
• Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
• Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
• Vision: Optional
• Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
• Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
• Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
• 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
• Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
• Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please submit your resume and answer our application questions through our website at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers.
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. This position will support and explore opportunities to broaden and deepen engagement in our Community. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted: August 26, 2019
- IT/Software Engineering
Areas of impact
- Social Sector