Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Network Contractor Position
Net Impact and Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) share a commitment to advance environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable communities. PG&E's Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Network is expected to significantly expand access to electric vehicle charging stations throughout Northern and Central California over the next three years. By supporting the adoption of EVs, the initiative extends efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across the state.
We are looking for highly entrepreneurial and motivated contractors to contribute their skills in this short term project. Our contractors will be responsible for developing a comprehensive market study to understand and map the best approach to support the expansion of an EV charging network focused on small businesses through northern California.
Scope of work
- Conduct a market analysis focused on supporting the expansion of small business participation in the networks of electric vehicle charging stations
- Mapping of best counties and municipalities for project implementation based on available local funds and rebates, and possibilities for expanded EV penetration
- Create a database of approved EV charging station vendors working in target areas
- Develop an outreach and implementation plan based on the outcomes of the market analysis
Market Analysis Report of Northern California
- Study of the demographics and type of target businesses by area
- Report on barriers to small and medium business adoption of EV chargers
- Comprehensive list of available EV charging business grants by area (including air district, county, state, federal) and funding qualifications and deadlines
- Customer journey map showing timeline and customer experience including time/cost investment for each milestone
Plan Proposal for Future Implementation
- Recommended outreach strategy
- Report on most suitable areas for EV charging network outreach
- Prior experience on market analysis or market research, and strategy development
- Resident in the greater San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Resourceful, organized and good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept to implementation and who can channel research and evidence-based insights into unique ideas and recommendations
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – EV Contractor Position”).
Applications are due ASAP.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
Location: Remote opportunity
Project Timeline: August 19th to September 16th- (4 weeks)
Payment Stages (Invoice Required):