Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading cause of death and disability, globally — yet there continues to be an underinvestment in action and financing.
The Health Finance Institute (HFI) is a global-health start-up working to change this. We use, translate, and analyze evidence to prioritize and educate investments for funders and investors, and work with them to develop tailored financing solutions that generate the greatest impact. We aim to increase capital for NCDs and create economic, social, and health gains in the short- and long-term. We are global health specialists that work with the private sector, countries, financial partners, and international organizations to develop partnerships between the public and private sector and broker investments that address the NCD financing gap.
We are seeking an individual to help lead, continue and accelerate the groundbreaking work that Health Finance Institute embarks on. This position is responsible for the development and execution of HFI’s vision and strategy, developing strategic partnerships, and providing support and leadership to the country programs, business development, and research teams. The Executive Director will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer, oversee program directors, and oversee the development of a growing portfolio of initiatives.
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least 15 years of professional work experience in global health and development and program management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an executive or senior management capacity
Minimum educational requirement: Master’s degree (in public health, public administration, public policy, business administration, international studies, or relevant field)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of innovative financing, impact and development finance, health financing, and/or health systems, policies, and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strategic partnerships and developing strategic initiatives from scratch
- Significant demonstrated knowledge and a nuanced understanding of the political economy and ecosystem of global health and development
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- The ability to travel occasionally and a willingness to be flexible in working hours working across different time zones
Two qualities that really matter to us:
- Entrepreneurial drive and agility in new situations. HFI is unique: as we are a growing organization, we operate in a dynamic and fluid startup environment.
- Passionate and intrinsically motivated. We are looking for someone deeply committed to HFI’s mission.
Nice to Haves:
- A DrPH or MBA/MPA
- In-country experience in Southeast Asia, Middle East, and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
Please e-mail a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- General Management
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing