Finance Manager MN, ND, SD
How to Apply
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Chapter team.
The Nature Conservancy’s MN, ND, SD chapter seeks an experienced financial management professional to join the finance/operations team based in Minneapolis. The Finance Manager will be responsible for annual budget development, monitoring and maintaining all financial information, (including the accounts payable system, funds received and receivable, and expense reimbursements), and processing of internal financial forms. This position monitors monthly accounting reports and key asset and liability account balances, monitors endowment and loan balances and provides recommendations related to finances in the overall organizational planning, policy development and implementation. The FM reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Duties will encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial transactions including general and subsidiary ledger entries, financial report preparation and reconciliation, budget preparation and monitoring, property tax reporting, accounts payable, the preparation/processing of various accounting forms and reports such as journal entries. The Finance Manager must be able to function productively as a member or leader of a work team and be able to work with and communicate with a wide range of people including the public, program leadership, donors, and others. They must consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion and be able to provide a variety of information to staff and others to assist workflow throughout the organization. They must have the ability to travel for training or enrichment a few times each year and the ability to work longer hours during busy seasons.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
• Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and financial management tools.
• Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
• Cross cultural and multilingual skills appreciated.
• Strong organization skills, planning and problem-solving skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Non-profit accounting experience highly preferred.
• Technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47773 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST July 25, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact