The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
There are two vacancies available in the Finance Specialist role. The Finance Specialist provides specialized services in financial management and reporting, accounting and grants administration, the Global Strategy teams. They expeditiously and courteously respond to or route various inquiries from internal and external customers. They provide a high level of expertise in private grant management and reporting and will be a primary point of contact for complex grants across multiple business units within the Conservancy. They will provide financial guidance and assistance to Conservation Managers related to proposals, grants, reporting and budget management. They will prepare and monitor budgets, prepare timely and accurate forecasts and reports, and support contracts and invoice payments ensuring adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures.
There is a strong preference for this position to be based in Arlington, VA. Other locations may be negotiable.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with relational databases
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience highly valued.
• Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
• Strong organizational skills
• Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Non-profit accounting experience
• US government grants accounting experience
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#47960 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is September 15, 2019 11:59 PM EST.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact