Great Plains Division Director
This is an exciting time at The Nature Conservancy (TNC). We are evolving our conservation strategy to have an even greater impact in the world by taking on the greatest challenges facing both people and nature today -- including tackling climate change, building healthy cities, and providing food and water sustainably. This strategic evolution requires us to shift our culture, talent, and organizational design. We are seeking a Division Director who will head our Great Plains Division and help lead our regional conservation strategies in North America. The Director will have the experience and leadership to help us design and implement our strategic approach to achieving TNC’s new Shared Conservation Agenda.
The Great Plains Division of the North America Region includes seven programs (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota/North Dakota/South Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, Arkansas and Oklahoma) with a combined annual budget of approximately $22 million and over 250 staff. The Division Director facilitates cross-boundary approaches to significant conservation outcomes that have a tangible, lasting impact on the environment and the people that rely on it. Together, the Division develops and advances innovative solutions that address the systemic root causes of the challenges facing nature and people.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Division Director will be based in Minneapolis, MN or St. Louis, MO
• Willingness to travel frequently, at least 50% of the time, often on short notice.
• Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain. Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in business, law, natural resource management or other relevant field and 8 years senior level experience in natural resource conservation, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in leading and managing a large multi-disciplinary team, including managing senior level leaders.
• Experience in evaluating and/or negotiating complex, high profile or sensitive contracts and agreements.
• Experience working with a variety of political, business, not for profit, and environmental sectors and with varied local communities in North America.
• Experience communicating with and presenting to diverse audiences including donors, board members, employees, outside partners, members of government or equivalent.
• Experience in fundraising, including cultivation of major donors.
• Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#45961 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST January 19, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.