IDEX Fellowship January 2020 (Bangalore, India) Application Deadline 15 November, 2019
IDEX is developing the next wave of "social intrapreneurs" who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world!
The social enterprise sector is becoming increasingly competitive with growing innovation, integration of technology and inflow of investor funds. The sector is absorbing talent from different industries and slowly becoming a preferred sector to work for due to its dynamism, scope for growth and competitive compensation packages.
Fellows choose a sector of their interest such as Education, Health, Environment and Energy, Women's Empowerment, Livelihoods, Impact Investing etc., to base their full-time placement with an organisation for 6 months in India.
We have had the privilege of hosting some of the most influential fellows devoted to social enterprise and have come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in this rapidly evolving development sector. Now, we're searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
IN A NUTSHELL:
- 3 Week Virtual Orientation + 1 Week Field Orientation to induct you into India's social sector and prepare you for the next six month field experience
- 24 Weeks Social Enterprise Placement in India where your professional growth will be matched by personal growth while equipping you with the right tools to excel
- Supported with a relevant, creative and progressive curriculum covering Social Innovation, Communication Strategies & Outreach, Resource Mobilization and Impact Assessment
- Capacity Building Workshops & Meetings led by Subject Matter Experts and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields
In our 9 years of running the IDEX Global Fellows Program, we have had the privilege of working with some of the most influential organisations. We've come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in this rapidly evolving development sector. Now, we're searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Professional development focused on building the IDEX 20-20 skills that are most desired for a successful career in the impact sector.
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Networking opportunities and exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
- Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows bring to the program
- Post-fellowship support
IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however, through funding from generous sponsors, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition.
With each succeeding cycle, we've been reviewing many more applications. We follow a first-come-first-considered approach when reviewing applications. This means that your chances of acceptance and a greater scholarship award for the fellowship program are higher the sooner you apply and can avail preferred payment plans.
We actively encourage you to ensure you apply for our generous scholarship awards as applies to you, the IDEX Scholarship (Men and Women) and InvestWISE Scholarship (Women only).
APPLICATION AND PROGRAM TIMELINE
- Applications Open - 1st August, 2019
- Application Deadline - 15th November, 2019
- Fellowship Start Date – 6th January, 2020
- Fellowship End Date – 26th June, 2020
Learn more about the program here: https://www.idexaccelerator.com/idex-app-info
- Communications / Marketing
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
- Education / Teaching
- Project/ Program Management
- Research/Data Analysis
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing
- Social Sector
- Social Entrepreneurship