Implementation Resource Design Manager
Working closely with FTUSA staff and network of associates, the Implementation Resources team is responsible for the strategic development of key resources needed to assist thousands of farmers, fishermen, and workers worldwide. This position manages and provides design expertise to FTUSA’s development of programmatic tools, training materials, and similar types of capacity support resources in the areas of certification compliance, capacity development, empowerment, organizational development, and other technical areas.
This role will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders to design tools for producer support to be scalable to facilitate the long-term growth of the organization. This position will be expected to possess expertise in human-centered design, project management, product design, and/or adult learning pedagogy. The role will include some international travel.
Lead design of FTUSA’s support resources and training materials globally
• Establish a vision for the current and future development of capacity supporting resources through proactive and innovative approaches including long-term projects for internal and external stakeholders.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop new resources, tools and training materials that address a variety of empowerment and compliance challenges—from ideation and prototyping through implementation support and stewardship.
• Develop meaningful impact frameworks, collect and maintain data and feedback, that can help shape design decisions and implementation strategies for solutions.
• Design across a range of mediums and users, from print design, film/video, and presentations to excel tools, to be used by small farmers and workers to managers and global commodities traders.
• Think carefully about the feasibility and scalability of newly designed resources and trainings, with a focus on a “self-service” model for users.
• Stay abreast of trends and good practices in training, e-learning, resource design, and project management.
• Identify and support the development of new training subjects or services.
Overall management of FTUSA’s supporting materials program
• Coordinate with other functional teams and relevant training leads on each Producer Support Service team to prioritize needs and create workplans.
• Design, assess, implement, and improve project management approaches to resource and tool development.
• Oversee creation of materials, resources, trainings, or other related capacity support resources to ensure they are created via relevant design frameworks.
• Manage contractors for efficient and high-quality delivery to budget.
• Overall management of the quality assurance of the program, including of participant’s feedback, sharing of learning, innovation, and capacitating FTUSA staff on resource use.
• Provide instructional design support to longer-term professional development and capacity building initiatives.
• Represent FTUSA when needed at capacity building and training forums and other relevant networks and external events.
Other Internal management
• Contribute to FTUSA’s overall management in line with its strategy.
• Contribute to optimize the use of Salesforce or other online platforms to automate resource and training administration processes and M&E.
• Contribute to organization-wide initiatives and participate in organization-wide activities.
Skills & Experience
• Experience in the design, delivery, and evaluation of support tools and trainings in support of individuals and organizations in the social sector or international development context.
• Design sensitivities and working knowledge of human-centered design, user-centered design, or other related design thinking methods.
• Ability to empathize, work with, understand, and hold many different communities, perspectives, and points of view at the same time
• Experience developing new programs, including developing indicators for monitoring project performance, project management systems, and stakeholder feedback loops.
• Experience with international civil society organizations including in development and humanitarian contexts or human rights, social justice and/or environmental advocacy.
• Experience in managing complex projects and multi-stakeholder work processes.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
• Proven strengths in facilitating collaboration both as part of an internal team and with external stakeholders/partners.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex concepts to a diverse audience in simple, human terms.
• Fluent English and an ability to write clearly and concisely for different audiences.
• Experience working directly with cooperatives and/or workers on farms, factories, and related settings
• Working proficiency of another language key to FTUSA’s wider work such as Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, or French is an asset.
• Certification or other training in project/program management methodologies, such as PMP certification
• Applied knowledge of adult learning theories and facilitation methods
Education & Training
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, social science, organizational development, etc. or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Masters level qualification in a relevant discipline including but not limited to international development, training or education, e-learning, cross cultural learning and management.
Technology & Software
• Proficiency using excel
• Additional experience with LMS software/platforms would be a plus
• Please submit your resume and cover letter.
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility