Intern, Global Health
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading cause of death and disability, globally — yet there continues to be an underinvestment in action and financing.
The Health Finance Institute (HFI) is a global-health start-up working to change this.
We use, translate, and analyze evidence to prioritize and educate investments for funders and investors, and work with them to develop tailored financing solutions that generate the greatest impact. We aim to increase capital for NCDs and create economic, social, and health gains in the short- and long-term. We are global health specialists that work with the private sector, countries, financial partners, and international organizations to develop partnerships between the public and private sector and broker investments that address the NCD financing gap.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to continue and accelerate the groundbreaking work that Health Finance Institute embarks on.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Answering email inquiries and assisting with organization and coordination of HFI events and networking events;
- Performing clerical duties, such as taking memos and organizing documents;
- Assisting in preparation of informational and research materials;
- Creating and maintaining PowerPoint presentations;
- Taking notes and memos during meetings;
- Managing databases and inputting information, data, and records;
- Researching and gather documentation on company position in the industry; and,
- Updating and posting supervised social media and website content.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-2 years of professional work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (public health, international affairs, economics, finance, or other) or three years of experience in a similar role
- Experience acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Managing calendars and setting up meetings
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Passionate, driven, and intrinsically motivated
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Independent team player who takes initiative and is not afraid to ask questions
- Strong professional communication skills, especially with high-level and global stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in an academic or professional setting and track-record of providing effective results-oriented project management and technical assistance on initiatives
- Ability to wear multiple hats at multiple times, and agility to pivot as this is a dynamic startup
Benefits of joining our team:
- Growth/learning opportunity to work with leading global health experts across multiple sectors
- Being potentially part of global health’s ‘next big thing’
- Opportunity to work on diverse projects and have diverse responsibilities
- Flexible schedule and teleworking options
- Amplification of your voice and thought leadership for an urgent cause
- Part of a strong, collaborative, and dynamic team who aim to re-invent how global health works
- Ability for growth across multiple dimensions including project management, leadership, and technical skill sets and expertise
- Opportunities for leadership or training responsibilities will be available.
Please e-mail a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing