Loyal Donor Officer
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Development Officer, Loyal Donors (Loyal Donor Officer) is a member of the Loyal Giving Program Team and is responsible for the ongoing cultivation, bequest solicitation and essential stewardship of California’s 33,000+ identified, non-managed loyal donors. S/he conducts exploratory meetings with donors for the purposes of recognizing their loyalty to TNC, identifying giving potential and asking for bequest commitments. S/he keeps a portfolio of gift planning bequest prospects for future solicitation. The Loyal Donor Officer creates ongoing opportunities for contact with current loyal donors to develop meaningful relationships through group activities such as meetings, luncheons, and field trips. The Officer will have a goal of 30 new bequest intentions per year and $600,000 in bequest substantiations. Position can be located in Santa Cruz or San Francisco, California offices.
• Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping TNC meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with TNC’s work.
• Working knowledge of the basics of charitable gift planning.
• Ability to implement and coordinate fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation, and recognition plans.
• Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff and donors.
• Direct fundraising experience.
• Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving.
• Strong negotiating and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate interest in environmental issues and conservation.
• Ability to utilize current technology in communication, database management and Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID #47811 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST on August 5, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!