Manager, Events & Sponsorship
Manager, Events & Sponsorship
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Ceres Events & Sponsorship team is responsible for planning, organizing and executing the annual Ceres Conference (a signature event), the biennial Investors Summit, anniversary special events and other day/half-day events throughout the year. The team coordinates sponsorship for these events through research, internal/external outreach and follow-up, and by tracking all sponsorship on an organization-wide basis. The Events & Sponsorship team engages with all Ceres program teams on these efforts and works closely with the Development, Operations, and Communications and Marketing teams.
The Manager will report to the Director, Events & Sponsorship to manage the Ceres sponsorship program, lead various aspects of the conference program and support other organization-wide events. This job offers an opportunity for a professional, highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and energetic individual to engage with staff in all program areas of Ceres, interact with external constituents and assume a supervisory role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage outreach, timeline and revenue related to sponsorship including but not limited to:
- Develop and/or update sponsorship materials
- Develop and prioritize a strategic sponsor prospect list for over 150 network members in collaboration with the Ceres relationship managers
- Create and propose sponsorship packages that are appropriate and attractive for the company/investor while optimizing revenue and aligning with Ceres mission and work.
- Draft and coordinate invitation letters and outreach e-mail messages for sponsors
- Coordinate with Company Network, Investor Network, and Policy Network teams on outreach following a pre-determined timeline
- Manage all engagement with sponsors including participation in events
- Draft and organize follow-up acknowledgements to sponsors post-events such as thank you letters
- Conduct post-event surveys/feedback from sponsors
- Coordinate with Company Network to secure carbon offset sponsor and follow up post-event
- Lead several discrete projects related to content and speakers for the annual conference, such as World Ceres Talks and the Bavaria Award
- Manage relationships with hotels and other external vendors and oversee logistics, audio/visual needs, and menu selection for events.
- Oversee onsite logistical activities for the Ceres Conference, Investor Summit, and other special events as needed.
- Supervise and mentor interns to include hiring, onboarding, training and evaluation duties.
- Train and support other team members in managing vendors, staff travel, lodging, vendor exhibits, and supplies
- Provide training to other team members to meet the obligations of the team.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Continue to refine knowledge of Ceres overall work, goals and program objectives.
- Five years or more of direct experience planning and managing large scale, complex, multi-day events.
- Knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues, a plus.
- Self-starter focused on execution, with ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to make strong connections between sustainability issues and articulate the impacts and implications for corporate and investor audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to bring an advocacy perspective to corporate dialogues will be viewed as beneficial.
- Demonstrated strong project management, planning skills and attention to detail are required.
- Strong speaking and written communication skills for external and internal audiences.
- Effective presentation style as well
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Prior experience supervising or training staff, a plus.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects, engaging with senior-level professionals, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take a collaborative approach to working across the organization.
- Planning and prioritization skills with the ability to make adjustments and still deliver projects on deadline and within time and resource budgets.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact