Manager, Program Team
ABOUT FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK
Make an impact in the financial lives of millions with our growing organization. The Financial Health Network (formerly the Center for Financial Services Innovation) is the leading authority on financial health. We envision a future where all people, especially those who are most vulnerable, have the day-to-day financial systems they need to be resilient and thrive. We are a trusted resource for business leaders, policymakers and innovators united in a mission to improve the financial health of their customers, employees and communities. Through groundbreaking research, advisory services, measurement tools, and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration, we advance awareness, understanding and proven best practices in support of improved financial health for all. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC, Financial Health Network is a fast paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Manager, Program will be part of the Program Team, a cross-functional team that Financial Health Network’s thought leadership and research, our consulting services, and our work to seed innovation. The Manager, Program must be an independent problem solver, a creative and analytical thinker and communicator, a skilled relationship manager, and a strong project manager with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence.
Chicago or New York
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Research, Consulting, and Innovation
- Develops research and shares insights on consumer financial health in the United States.
- Advises clients to design, launch, and grow high-quality sustainable financial products that
improve consumer financial health.
- Identifies transformative technologies and approaches to foster promising products,
services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace.
- Participates in the development of Financial Health Network’s perspective on key areas of
- Manages complex projects from start to finish using project management tools and strong
- Collaborates closely with staff across Financial Health Network and leads project teams.
Relationship Management and Business Development
- Manages a portfolio of relationships to drive action on Financial Health.
- Surfaces and participates in the development of consulting, grant and/or sponsorship
- Quickly build trust and credibility with a range of external stakeholders such as financial
services providers, research partners, and other collaborators.
- Commitment to Financial Health Network’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
- 5-10 years of consulting or research experience, and exceptional project management
experience in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Higher Education, Retirement, or Insurance
- Relationship management skills working with large financial institutions, credit unions,
nonprofit organizations, and/or start-ups
- Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong and efficient writing skills; ability to quickly synthesize data and present succinct,
cogent arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and collaboratively,
productively engaging with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to commit to up to 10% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings (1-
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate/Master’s a plus.
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of the Financial Health Network. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. A writing sample may be required for applicants who are invited to interview.
Financial Health Network is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Areas of impact
- Financial Literacy