Managing Associate, Advisory Project Manager
We are a global consulting and standards firm that works with business, governments and multi- lateral organizations to advance responsible business practices and improve their long-term performance. We measure success in terms of our impact on the performance of our clients, our people and our firm.
Please visit our website www.accountability.org to learn more about us and our work.
About this position:
A Managing Associate at AccountAbility provides day-to-day project-level leadership on sustainability consulting engagements, serving as a trusted advisor, supporting the delivery of outstanding, high-impact work to our clients. Typical engagements include sustainability strategy and governance design and implementation, stakeholder engagement and materiality
assessment, sustainability reporting and metrics, rankings analysis and impact assessment.
A Managing Associate reports to a Manager, Senior Manager or Director and demonstrates project management skills to effectively lead a team. The successful candidate is expected to build and maintain strong client relationships at various levels, work on a global team of highly experienced sustainability consultants, contribute to AccountAbility’s thought leadership, and develop AccountAbility’s Associate and Senior Associate level staff.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Identify business development (BD) opportunities among existing clients and communicate potential leads with management
• Work collaboratively with the management team to convert BD leads into sales
• Build rapport and establish trusted relationships with clients at all levels
• Support BD-related efforts (research, proposals and pitch presentations, etc.) and build an active network of clients
• Show initiative in addressing client concerns and demonstrate critical thinking in developing practical recommendations
Firm and Operations
• Collaborate in executing in AccountAbility’s global and regional strategy
• Manage day-to-day work priorities and shift focuses between multiple clients and deliver multiple projects at a time
• Bring innovative thinking when preparing high-quality and visually compelling client deliverables based on high-level guidance and prior examples
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant sustainability topics, policies, standards/regulations, and general trends for key industries, including, but not limited to: healthcare, mining and extractives, financial services, technology and communications
• Support various internal initiatives, such as developing content and materials for panel sessions and events
• Scope and deliver medium to large projects and work streams on time, within budget and in consideration of resources available
• Lead and manage project teams and BD initiatives
• Provide guidance and coaching to Associates and Senior Associates
• Seek professional and personal development and support the development of others
• Ensure the transfer of learning and knowledge across our core lines of business
The successful candidate for this position will be a dynamic, experienced and engaged individual with strong business acumen and enjoys the challenge of working within a growing team. Candidates are expected to be client-focused and should have a proven track record in building client relationships and leading teams and work streams. The ability to develop sustainability thought leadership is also desirable.
The following qualifications are required for consideration:
• 5+ years of experience in sustainability consulting or management consulting with corporate responsibility focuses
• Critical thinking and ability to grasp new concepts quickly and distill information into practical insights
• Responsive to clients with time-sensitive and high frequency demands
• Open to new ideas, perspectives, points of view and ways of working
• Knowledgeable in relevant sustainability standards, indices and frameworks (DJSI, CDP, GRI, LEED, TCFD, UN SDG, ISO14001, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work with quantitative data and information. Experience with data collection, management and analysis
• Keen understanding of relevant CR/Sustainability issues and related trends in business and management practice
• Experience working on complex and high-budget projects and tracking progress against targets. Communicate status in a timely fashion, especially for projects under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to build cross-functional relationships for collaborative efforts with clients, partner organizations and colleagues
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, specifically pertaining to written correspondence and deliverables, presenting to senior executive levels, public speaking, meeting facilitation, and others
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Strong sense of self-initiative and ability to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• BA degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Economics, or Business Management or similar fields; advanced degrees in MA, MS, MBA, or MPA required; record of academic excellence
• Arabic language proficiency not required, but desirable
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please send a letter of application and C.V. to (email@example.com).
AccountAbility is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Corp. Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of impact
- Private Sector
- Corporate Social Responsibility