Marketing and Communications Internship
First Book’s Mission:
• First Book believes that education is the best way out of poverty for children in need. We provide books and other resources to classrooms and programs serving children in need, from birth to age 18, in order to remove barriers to quality education for all kids.
• About the Internship:
First Book has an exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial individuals who share a passion for our mission, have a wide array of personal qualities and talents, and possess superior written and verbal communication skills. A good match for this position will be someone with a nonprofit heart and a corporate mindset; someone who is collaborative and independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible, and has a sense of humor.
Marketing and Communications:
• Design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, advertisements, and other communication materials.
• Create these materials using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
• Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
• Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications.
• Support social media team with developing and posting content on social channels
• Support MarComm team as needed with research and other creative tasks
• A successful intern will have the following skills/experience:
• Adobe's Creative Suite
• Cool projects you will work on:
• Organization collateral
• Social media content
• Web graphics
• What you will learn:
• How to work in a collaborative nonprofit environment
**In addition to an hourly wage, First Book will pay commuting costs throughout the internship**
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter that details your interest in First Book and the internship to http://firstbook.force.com/careers.
- Communications / Marketing
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Sector