Net Impact CEO
Net Impact started more than 25 years ago with the mission to mobilize new generations to use their skills and careers to drive transformational social and environmental change. With tens of thousands of current and former Net Impact chapter members and more than 400 chapters worldwide, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good.
As Net Impact moves through 2019 we are excited about our future. Once novel, the idea of using skills and careers to drive change is increasingly accepted — even expected — and we have evolved our mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. In this past year, we launched a new strategic plan that positions Net Impact for an even brighter future. Our work has never been as important as it is now.
Net Impact is a highly respected brand, engaged community, with loyal partners and funding sources. We have a dedicated board, staff, and solid 5-year strategic plan, and we are looking to bring in the next leader to help catapult the organization to new heights.
About the Chief Executive Officer Opportunity
The incoming Chief Executive Officer will be both a compelling, inspirational leader and a skilled strategist, motivated by an authentic passion for the Net Impact’s mission, chapters, and programs.
In order to lead this dynamic, vibrant organization, the new CEO will need to be adept at both strategy and execution, as well as people and program management. Guided by Net Impact’s strategic plan, s/he will enhance and build it while leading significant fundraising to help Net Impact achieve new sources of revenue.
Net Impact has a leadership team of six senior staff. The CEO will be expected to dive deeply into fundraising, development and marketing, and communications as part of their work.
Net Impact’s highly engaged board of directors has identified several key priorities for this new leader to activate in the first 2 to 3 years:
- Elevate the Net Impact brand: Reach, Relevance, Impact, Authority
- Grow Revenue: Extensive, demonstrable experience in at least one of the below, with delivery of new major funding streams to grow Net Impact 20% - 60% in 3 years
- Sponsorship and revenue around events
- Strategic program funding from partners
- Foundation fundraising background
- Enhance programming, expand the network, and re-envision signature event; increase the value for participants, leaders, universities, and strategic partners
- Build and inspire Net Impact’s culture and values. Attract, empower, develop, and retain staff and other key stakeholders. Instill a culture of performance and accountability
Net Impact’s Next CEO will bring:
- A strong and visible advocacy for the social and/or environmental impact movement
- A demonstrable skill for creating value propositions, marketing, and bringing a brand to life
- A track-record of consistently reaching and expanding revenue goals through strategic partnerships
- An Interpersonal and leadership style that is inclusive, effective, and authentic
More specifically, the Chief Executive Officer’s primary responsibilities will include:
Strategy and Organizational Development
- Oversee implementation of the newly created strategic direction, bringing Net Impact’s vision to life in global growth, alumni engagement, and deeper leadership skill development. Lead and collaborate with senior leadership to equip the staff for the next phase of growth
- Embody the core values and principles of Net Impact in management and retention of key talent, and steward the growth and development of the team. As relevant, recruit additional executive talent to complement the existing team
- Work closely with the Board of Directors throughout the strategy creation and fundraising phases
- Build and deepen partnerships with funders, universities, and others in support of Net Impact’s mission
- Lead development and oversee implementation of the strategy for diversified, sustainable revenue that capitalizes on the organization’s assets and is consistent with delivering the mission. Re-evaluate and improve over time
- Lead Development to meet annual fundraising goals through corporate, foundation, and individual gifts
- Maintain list of personal accounts (fundraising targets) to nurture, upgrade, and close
- Act as a key spokesperson for the overall movement, driving for a just and sustainable world, especially within the international business community
- Position Net Impact as the ‘go to’ network for young, effective, emerging (and current) leaders for a just and sustainable world
- Act as the chief storyteller and thought leader of Net Impact, raising the organization’s profile within the community and among key stakeholders
- Empower marketing team members to revitalize and maintain integrated communications, including the medium as message: the technology which keeps pace with our key constituency
- Build positive internal culture and drive organizational excellence which attracts, empowers, develops, and retains staff and other key stakeholders
- Maintain an appropriate degree of oversight and contributions to Net Impact programs (conference, chapter programs);empower and collaborate with program leadership to seize opportunities for innovation and experimentation, in response to changing trends and demands from our main constituency of young adults
- Work collaboratively with the CFO/COO to monitor Net Impact’s financial health and long-term sustainability, and support the budget planning process in support of the organization’s strategic vision
- Oversee Net Impact’s marketing and communication strategy, and champion the organization’s brand reputation and organizational credibility
- Oversee 4 to 8 direct reports
Board and Advisory Board Management
- Support engaged Board of Directors through 4 to 5 full board meetings per year, as well as committee meetings
- Ensure support of the Board’s logistical and tactical needs as necessary
- Engage one or more advisory councils to cultivate additional stakeholder feedback
Commitment to the Mission & Values of Net Impact
- Embody a deep commitment to mission and principles of the Net Impact community
- 10+ years’ experience in the field, with post graduate studies preferred and familiarity / member of Net Impact a plus
- 5+ years leadership role with a proven track record of successfully leading teams and achieving strategic goals in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated revenue-generating success; prefer direct experience in securing minimum of $2M in corporate partnerships, philanthropic funding annually, and/or service offering
- A known advocate in the impact leadership movement, with demonstrable examples
- Demonstrated success building and growing a brand
- Interpersonal and leadership style that is inclusive, effective, and authentic
- Experience in negotiation and collaboration, with skills in developing effective partnerships.
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before April 5th, 2019 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: https://weinrebgroup.com/resume/. The cover letter should include why you are qualified for this role and information on possible start date. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.