Net Impact Summer Fellowship Program
Looking for a summer internship? Apply for a Net Impact Summer Fellow position
Net Impact is looking for bright, enthusiastic recent graduates or current students to help us make lasting impact as Net Impact Summer Fellows.
Why you should be a Net Impact Fellow…
As a fellow, you’ll get hands-on experience and access to a dedicated network of professionals, which will help you:
- Develop critical business and communication skills you won’t learn in school
- Launch a career in socially responsible/sustainable business, nonprofit management, or social entrepreneurship
- Build a network of contacts and colleagues in a range of sectors and industries
What you’ll get out of your Net Impact Fellowship…
As a Net Impact Summer Fellow, you not only get a chance to make an impact on organizational strategy and day-to-day operations, you also get immediate access to a growing movement of professionals who are creating positive environmental and social change. In addition, Fellows participate in a formal professional development program and will be mentored and managed by a seasoned nonprofit professional who takes your goals seriously.
We’re a fun group who work hard and play hard. While we have high professional expectations, we love to blow off steam together in the office and after work. We’ve been known to throw waffle breakfast hoe-downs, Friday wine-downs, and Pi(e) day celebrations. We’re looking for Fellows who want to take their work experience to the next level, and have fun doing it.
What you’ll do as a Net Impact Summer Fellow…
Net Impact Fellows don’t fetch coffee – they’re an integrated member of the team, who work directly with staff, members, sponsors, and the general public. You’ll work in a specific program area that’s interesting to you, where you’ll learn the logistics and nuances of that particular function.
- Chapters Fellows are key to delivering content to our network and improving the quality of Net Impact’s chapters and local member programs and supporting Net Impact’s network of 350+ chapters and 1,000+ local leaders. Fellows will support our chapter expansion activities, from researching universities to generating leads, and providing direct support to our new chapter leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with superb organizational abilities and communications skills to gain experience in community engagement, network building and project management.
- Development Fellows play a pivotal role in Net Impact’s success by supporting the team’s efforts to develop new funding sources, manage relationships with funders, and build strong corporate partnerships. Fellows work closely with the rest of the Development Team to conduct research on corporate and foundation funding prospects, help manage team processes, develop materials and collateral for potential funders, and provide additional support where necessary.
- Marketing Fellows will be actively involved with developing, writing, and editing communications materials including press releases, web stories, blog posts, e-mails, and social media posts; curating clickable and engaging written and visual content for and helping to manage Net Impact’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Snapchat). Fellows will also assist in the design and production of collateral to support marketing initiatives: web/digital assets, print publications, event materials, and presentations. Fellows will also assist in the design and production of promotional materials (web and print) for our annual conference and assist in curating, organizing and editing images in our photo library.
- Program Fellows will support the Client and Core Program Teams in executing its partnerships with external organizations and meeting goals for student skill-building and engagement. Duties include organizing and managing promotion of events, analyzing project effectiveness for partners and participants, and sustaining consistent and timely communications with other teams within Net Impact. This is a great opportunity for a young professional to get hands-on program management, marketing, and relationship building experience.
- Finance and Operations Fellows will engage in the execution and enhancement of operational and financial support to the entire Net Impact organization. They will have the opportunity to build relationships with all functions within the organization as they assist in streamlining day-to-day activities, optimizing processes and strengthening the foundation of the Net Impact operations.
Duration: Flexible, June 2019 – August 2019, part-time and full-time options available
Location: On-site in downtown Oakland and/or remotely
Compensation: Transportation reimbursement (we’ll also work with college programs to provide course credit where appropriate)
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you…
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Summer Fellow”) in the subject line of your email: 1) a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the fellowship program and Net Impact, your qualifications, and specifying the top 2-3 program areas you are most interested in working with; and 2) a resume