[No Longer Taking Applications] Summer Program Intern, BoardLead
Successful candidates demonstrate exceptional skills in the following competencies:
- Project Management
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Organization & Attention to Detail
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities. In 2019, Cause Strategy Partners was named to the inaugural list of the Top 100 Impact Companies in North America, the RealLeaders 100.
Our programs and services are four-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent: We provide strategic consulting to CSR, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Board Governance: We help social good organizations optimize board performance through customized engagements designed to diagnose the root problem, develop an informed action plan & deliver solutions.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board and chief executive leadership, board effectiveness, the nonprofit sector, social entrepreneurship, and other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven intern to join our summer team. The Summer Program Intern will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff, consultants and partners with a special focus on building capacity and planning around aggressive geographic expansion of CSP’s signature program, BoardLead.
Our client-partners include LinkedIn, Adobe, Barclays, PwC, Macquarie Group, BlackRock, Moody’s, Workday, JPMorgan Chase, Capital One, Credit Suisse, Mastercard, Comcast, United Airlines, Sidley Austin, Weil, The Joyce Foundation,The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UJA, and scores of social good organizations based all around the country.
The Summer Program Intern will:
Support and facilitate all planning and preparation efforts to successfully launch Fall 2020 rounds of BoardLead in 11 cities, including:
- Conducting research to understand the nonprofit sector in new markets
- Identifying nonprofits that would be a great fit for BoardLead in new and existing markets
- Preparing thorough and complete contact information sheets for all nonprofits invited to apply, both new and repeat
- Researching and proposing potential BoardLead strategic partners in new or existing markets, or on a national scale
Collaborate with round managers to set-up future rounds of BoardLead for success, including:
- Beginning nonprofit import on BoardLead.com to prepare for round launch
- Incorporating feedback and ideas from previous round managers regarding how the round preparation processes could be updated and modified to better streamline round facilitation
- Connecting regularly with Fall 2020 round managers to prepare for upcoming rounds of BoardLead
- Supporting the development of program tools and materials for upcoming BoardLead rounds
Collaborate with the BoardLead team throughout the summer to reconsider the tools, systems, and processes used to prepare rounds of BoardLead, in service of evaluating how scaling and launching new rounds of BoardLead could be facilitated more sustainably, including:
- Sharing feedback on the BoardLead.com inputs for round prep and launch processes
Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor
Please note the following expectations for our internship program:
- Full-time internship with a minimum 40-hour per week expectation.
- There is an opportunity for this role to be fully virtual.
- Commit to the internship duration from June 2020 through Friday, September 4th, 2020.
- The Summer Program Intern will be compensated $6,000 for 12 weeks.
The Summer Program Intern selected to fill this important position must commit to perform their work in accord with the values of Cause Strategy Partners. The intern will work directly with directors and managers on the Cause Strategy Partners team and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: A great deal of time will be invested in building strong relationships with external stakeholders via email and telephone.
- Technological prowess: Intern must be skilled in using various research tools to identify potential nonprofit and strategic partners.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: As an innovative, growing, early-stage organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Ambitious & flexible: No two days will be the same while we energetically build a social enterprise together.
- Responsible: The Summer Program Intern will take complete ownership over accomplishing his or her responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
We are committed to ensuring that the interns who work with us through our internship program have a first-class learning experience. Interns get quality time with senior team members and engage in work of real consequence and impact. We work hard and we have a great time doing it.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Erin Connell, Senior Program Manager
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for this role.
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Social Sector