The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter to promote economic development in the nation’s most under-resourced communities. At ICIC, you will work with talented and committed professionals in a collaborative culture dedicated to excellence and innovation.
The Office Manager is a motivated professional who ensures smooth office operations, coordinates internal meetings, and contributes to a welcoming collaborative atmosphere at the organization. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Order office supplies and snacks
• Welcome visitors and directs internal and external inquiries
• Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail
• Ensure order and cleanliness of common areas
• Coordinate office maintenance/repair work with property managers and contractors
• Maintain org-wide documentation such as employee contact list, org chart, etc.
• Prepare desks, equipment and coordinate account setup for incoming employees
• Provide basic troubleshooting support for phones, internet and equipment
• Monitor resolution of IT support tickets with external IT support vendor and elevate urgent issues or needs
• Participate in selection and acquisition of new technology and equipment
• Maintain hardware and software inventory
Scheduling and coordination
• Schedule and setup staff and management team meetings
• Organize logistics of semi-annual staff outings and volunteer events
Accounting & Finance
• Enter invoices into accounting software
• Organize vendor files
Other tasks and projects as needed
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Accuracy and high quality of work, even while multitasking
• Excellent computer skills and an ability to quickly learn new platforms & technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Flexibility, ability to learn, and collaborative attitude
• Commitment to organizational mission
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, though relevant experience may be substituted
ICIC is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender identity, family status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be considered on rolling basis. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter answering the below questions through our application page.
1. Why do you want to work at ICIC? Why are you interested in the Office Manager position?
2. Please provide 1-3 specific examples of experience and/or skills you have that apply to this position.
3. Is there anything else you would like us to know about your skills and experience, as they relate to this position?
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing
- Social Sector
- Social Entrepreneurship